Go Down

Topic: MacBook - Arduino USB - Itunes (Read 999 times) previous topic - next topic

fweens

Jan 21, 2009, 10:21 pm Last Edit: Jan 21, 2009, 10:36 pm by fweens Reason: 1
Hi there,
I've installed the USB driver of the Arduino for my MacBook (FTDIUSBSerialDriver_v2_2_9_Intel.dmg) and since then I cannot synchronize my IPhone through ITunes. I've tried FTDIUSBSerialDriver_v2_2_10.dmg and it's the same problem.
Does any one here have the same problem and a solution?
Thanks,
Franck

cyberheater

I've got a macbook, arduino and Iphone (first gen) and I've not had any problems.

fweens

It's weird ; thanks... The USB port is working with the Arduino board and with a mouse ; on the over hand my IPhone can still connect on my PC so I don't think it's an hardware problem....
F.

imagitronics

Jan 27, 2009, 05:11 am Last Edit: Jan 27, 2009, 05:12 am by imagitronics Reason: 1
What does your iPhone do when you try to connect it? Does the iPhone realize it's connected at all?

A friend of mine just had this problem recently, where his computer and iPhone seemed to completely ignore one another when connected. This is how I fixed it for him.. (your mileage may vary)

Get a mac uninstaller program like "AppZapper" (change preferences to allow "safe" applications to be deleted) and essentially uninstall iTunes and everything with it. AppZapper will find and delete the configuration files.

I went an extra step and deleted the iTunes Library files as well. I left he actual media in place, just deleted the library files.

Anyways, then go download and reinstall iTunes.

It worked for me.
Tim

fweens

When I connect the IPhone, nothing happens, the IPhone charges but that's it !

I'll try your solution... But what do you call library files?

Thanks anyway,
Franck

kg4wsv

AppZapper sounds a bit extreme.  I'd try just reinstalling iTunes first.

There is a known problem with an OS upgrade to Leopardwhere iTunes stops talking to the iPhone.  Not sure if that is your scenario, but it happened to me.  A simple download/reinstall of iTunes fixed it.

-j

fweens

Hi!
I've tried to reinstall but it didn't solve the problem...
Franck

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy