Go Down

Topic: Occasional "Couldn't determine program size" error (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic

etracer

Arduino-0012
Mac OSX 10.4.11 PPC

About 1 time in 10 I randomly get the following error while Verifying a sketch:

Code: [Select]
Couldn't determine program size:    text         data          bss          dec          hex      filename[/color]

Verifying again immediately after the error will work without any problems so it doesn't seem to be a critical bug.  It's only annoying.  :-/

gnu_linux

It happens all the time and it doesn't seem to be causing any problems :)

Jan87

I had the same problem but I solved... I didn't put void setup() and it didn't like it :P  

retrolefty

Apr 01, 2009, 08:57 pm Last Edit: Apr 01, 2009, 08:57 pm by retrolefty Reason: 1
I've had it happen many times but I just ignored it or sometimes just uploaded again to make sure, either way it doesn't seem to be a error message that causes any problems, nor does it seem to be based on any error in the sketch code.

Lefty

jcw

"It hurts when I look at the output and see an error".

So don't look...

Well, I've been seeing this message for ages as well. But it really isn't great in terms of building confidence in the Arduino IDE. Not only does it keep distracting me and wondering whether I need to upload again just to rule out a problem while chasing my own bugs, I think it also sends out the wrong message when this bug pops up since at least version 0011 and no-one seems to be doing anything about it.

Just my ? .02 ...

Go Up