Go Down

Topic: class/function/method doc comments (Read 786 times) previous topic - next topic

cr0sh

I would like to see the formal implementation of javadoc/phpdoc style commenting auto-complete in the IDE; right now one can add such comments, but I am not sure if there is a way to generate the documentation files - if you ran the code through the javadoc or phpdoc processor, I am not sure what it would do or generate (is there an avr-gccdoc?). I think with auto-complete (ie, enter "/**" and the entire block of blank comments are filled in, using the argument declarations, etc from the function declaration line) and a parser, this could form a useful and fairly standard way to document sketches.
I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

Coding Badly

I believe the AVR Freaks use Doxygen.  Would that be an acceptable / better choice than Javadoc?

cr0sh

Well, I am most familiar with javadoc/phpdoc (they're similar) style comments (my day job is currently as a PHP web application developer), but if there is already a standard in use (I've heard of Doxygen) for AVR, then that would probably be the one to use; it just needs to be integrated into the IDE.

I just took a quick look at Doxygen, and it looks like it supports Javadoc style comments(and a whole host of other styles, plus a ton of other stuff, including having cross-platform support.

I would give it two thumbs up!

:)
I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy