Go Down

Topic: {} Bracket Finder Bug? (Read 852 times) previous topic - next topic

Charlie H

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is a bug or even sure of how to describe it. If you place your cursor after a bracket it will show you its matching bracket (if there is one) with a blue box around it.  However, if you have a situation as shown below with a bracket commented out (for whatever reason) the IDE apparently still "sees" it.  The compiler doesn't.    This is the Blink code slightly modified.
Code: [Select]
void loop()                    
{
 digitalWrite(ledPin, HIGH);   // set the LED on
 delay(1000);                  // wait for a second
 digitalWrite(ledPin, LOW);    // set the LED off
 delay(1000);                  // wait for a second
// Serial.println("Hello");  } // Cursor after bracket
}

v 0018

Thanks,
Charlie H

cr0sh

I think you've described it pretty well; I would be willing to bet this is a Processing related bug in the IDE, since you mention that the compiler treats it properly (which it should!).

Have you looked over in the Processing forums (or whatever they use; I've never actually checked) to see if they are aware of the bug (or if it is a bug there)? Something to look into...

:)
I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

Charlie H

I would be willing to bet this is a Processing related bug in the IDE...

Hi cr0sh,

You nailed it.  I went to the Processing bug search engine at http://dev.processing.org/bugs/search.cgi , typed in 'bracket' and it turns out to be a documented bug since 2005!!

Thanks,

Charlie

SaSaa

i use notepad++ for writing script then paste them into IDE just because i like notepad++ more clear on the brackets and stuff like that maybe i'll write a plugin to reconize the commands and stuff like that.

ik don't like IDE because of its layout and that is java and sometimes Way to slow.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy