Go Down

Topic: Arduino Mega cant transmit (Read 472 times) previous topic - next topic

SuicideFunky

May 08, 2010, 12:04 am Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 12:10 am by SuicideFunky Reason: 1
Hello,

I have a very strange problem, possibly a bug.
When i upload code to my arduino mega that makes use of the serial library the TX is not working.
I tested this with Fedora 12 on 2 computers, using the Arduino IDE 0018 (and previous versions). When i upload to the Arduino Deumilanove i have no problems transmitting and receiving with the serial connection.
When i use Windows XP to upload to my Arduino Mega i have no problems at all!

I hope someone knows a fix for this problem.

If you need more information let me know.

-Randy

//Update: maybe this is useful info, if i upload code that makes use of the serial connection on windows xp and try it out on fedora, the arduino is able to Receive and Transmit, so no problems. However when i upload with the arduino IDE on fedora the arduino cannot Send. So the problem must be something related to compiling (toolchain??)

SuicideFunky

Okey i have done some more research and it seems that the ELF file (inside the applet folder) is different from the working version (on xp).

The're both identical except for Byte 33 of line 1, this byte differs on the working version. I have tested this with 2 very different pieces of code, compiling one on fedora and one on windows xp, both making use of the serial library.

I hope this will be some usefull information :)

SuicideFunky

May 11, 2010, 05:14 pm Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 05:21 pm by SuicideFunky Reason: 1
Hi Eberhard,

Yes, this suggestion fixed my problem!
After i installed avr-gcc 4.3.3 and avr-gcc-c++ 4.3.3 on fc12  (previously i had version 4.4.2 installed) and uploaded my sketch the serial worked.

thank you very much :D

-Randy

ps: here you can find avr-gcc 4.3.3 and avr-gcc-c++ 4.3.3 for fc11/12/13:

-http://fr2.rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/fedora/12/i386/avr-gcc-c++-4.3.3-3.fc12.i686.html

and:

-http://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=avr-gcc&submit=Search+...

Go Up