Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Shift Backspace  (Read 5221 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Can you please give me a way to turn off shift-backspace?  I saw an old post from '09 that said to add a line to preferences but this didn't make a difference.  Did this option get removed?  Did it get changed?

Please?

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

What is Shift + Backspace doing? That's a pretty tough (for me, anyway) set of keys to accidentally hit together.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

It operates as delete instead of backspace.  Just put 0022 in to make sure it wasn't a bug in what I had.  No other options anywhere besides the lib folder right?

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Found it.  I was putting the command "editor.keys.shift_backspace_is_delete = false" in the wrong prefs file.  Found it in C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Arduino and that one worked.  Putting it in the preferences.txt under lib made no difference.

North Yorkshire, UK
Faraday Member
View Profile

Ahh, that's where it is... I never got round to turning it off - I will do so now  smiley-grin

That's a pretty tough (for me, anyway) set of keys to accidentally hit together.
When you're defining things in capitals, people often use shift, if you mess up and press backspace which still holding shift then if 'deletes' instead. Most annoying and it happens rather too frequently.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 06:17:01 am by mowcius » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: