Go Down

Topic: Bootloading: OS X (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

dmb410

Oct 25, 2005, 04:37 am Last Edit: Oct 25, 2005, 04:43 am by dmb410 Reason: 1
Hey all. I've had two separate issues with properly bootloading from OS X.

First: my original Serial-USB converter did not work with the Atmel ISP. It was an IOGear: http://www.iogear.com/main.php?loc=product&Item=GUC232A

I switched to a Keyspan and it worked nicely...on a different computer.

Since switching to my G4 Powerbook (12",1.33ghz, 2004 model), I have not been able to properly bootload a chip.

When trying to run the bootloader from a Terminal window, I received an error telling me that the UISP executable was not available in the /Tools directory. It was there however.

I copied all of the files in the booloader/tools folder into a new folder and redirected the BINDIR to that new folder and saved it as a new shell script.

This time around, upon running the new script, I received the proper notice that the firmware had loaded, the process ran succesfully, and closed itself out, exactly as it had done while bootloading from the first computer I succesfully booltoaded with.

It does not seem that the bootload worked, however, since I'm not getting the proper blinking LED on digital pin 13 when i try to reset it for programming, and I cannot succesfully download a program from Arduino.

One suggestion was that I might be overflowing the memory, but I'm not sure. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Daniel

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy