Go Down

Topic: Using arduino from cmdline, Linux (Read 655 times) previous topic - next topic

Mar 22, 2007, 04:52 pm Last Edit: Mar 22, 2007, 04:54 pm by kymatica Reason: 1
It seems now that I'm beginning to find the problem as to why I can't program my arduino.
I have GCC 4.1.0 and Binutils 2.17 (configured for AVR) and avr-libc 1.4.5. I'm using avrdude 5.3.1 to program my arduino NG (atmega 168).

I have installed the arduino-core-0007 tarball and am using its Makefile and headers. My Makefile is edited like this:

PORT = /dev/ttyUSB0
TARGET = arduino-test
ARDUINO = /Files/AVR-Cross/arduino-core
SRC = $(TARGET).c $(ARDUINO)/pins_arduino.c $(ARDUINO)/wiring.c $(ARDUINO)/WInterrupts.c
CXXSRC = $(ARDUINO)/HardwareSerial.cpp $(ARDUINO)/WRandom.cpp
MCU = atmega168
#MCU = atmega161
F_CPU = 16000000
FORMAT = ihex

This does not work. It compiles fine and uploads, but nothing happens. (I'm trying to get a LED on pin13 to blink).

But, if I change MCU to atmega161, or atmega8 when compiling, and change back to 168 before uploading, then the LED blinks!
But it blinks way too fast, not at all those 1000ms I wrote in the blink code...

So, this is appearently a bug, and now I'm wondering where? The stuff from arduino-core-0007, gcc, or the bootloader?
Looking forward to your answers!  :)

At last, I got it working!
It was a matter of left-over object files (the arduino-core-0007 tarball comes with precompiled object files which needs to be removed), I also cleaned up some warnings with this patch: http://kymatica.com/uploads/Software/arduino-core-0007.patch.txt

There's one warning left though, which I didn't know if it should be "fixed":

/Files/AVR-Cross/arduino-core/WInterrupts.c:40:1: warning: "MCUCR" redefined
In file included from /Files/AVR-Cross/lib/gcc/avr/4.1.0/../../../../avr/include/avr/iom168.h:36,
                from /Files/AVR-Cross/lib/gcc/avr/4.1.0/../../../../avr/include/avr/io.h:258,
                from /Files/AVR-Cross/arduino-core/WInterrupts.c:27:
/Files/AVR-Cross/lib/gcc/avr/4.1.0/../../../../avr/include/avr/iomx8.h:297:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition

It's defined in iomx8.h as _SFR_IO8 (0x35) but WInterrupts.c redefines it to EICRA. Is this right??

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131