Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: ROV motor  (Read 2655 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I cee, yip that would work, use one for max and another for half - I still like the pulse idea though, I'll be trying that one with trusty tooth brush smiley
Yeah. My issue with the pulsing idea is lets say it pulses every second, there would be a bit of a lag. and i understand that a relay could reverse the motor but how would that be configured? I think im going to make a digikey order soon so im gonna need a parts list. the relays of course, that chip for the relays you mensioned earlier, Im going to need something to be a light for underwater... Preferably not LED based because led's that are bright enough to illuminate stuff underwater are expencive. halogen? do i need stuff to make a PCB? im going to make it a breadboard at first. A pcb just looks so much more presentable. and im  still looking for camera equip. It would be neat to have some sensors on board. any suggestions? temp? pressure?

Brisbane, Australia
God Member
View Profile

because led's that are bright enough to illuminate stuff underwater are expencive.
1W leds are only about $3 each.

My 8x8 true colour display using 24 74HC595's will give a good indication of how well artificial PWM works.
I intend to do a tight loop switching them on and off as quickly as possible.

You could use multiple controllers.
The Arduino for controlling the robot and another one for doing PWM.

A better idea than relays is this.
A 8 channel IC for high load stuff. smiley

Arduino rocks
View Profile

because led's that are bright enough to illuminate stuff underwater are expencive.
1W leds are only about $3 each.

My 8x8 true colour display using 24 74HC595's will give a good indication of how well artificial PWM works.
I intend to do a tight loop switching them on and off as quickly as possible.

You could use multiple controllers.
The Arduino for controlling the robot and another one for doing PWM.

A better idea than relays is this.
A 8 channel IC for high load stuff. smiley

http://www.makezine.com/blog/archive/2007/09/make_a_pocket_led_cube_we.html
that might help you

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: