Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Errors on Arduino-0010 startup Mac  (Read 359 times)
Iowa, USA
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi,

I am running OS X 10.4.10 and have been running arduino-0010 for several days. All of a sudden tonight i got this big batch of errors when I start the app for the first time, and then it errors out every time I upload a sketch.

I have re-installed (copied over the old folder replacing everything) and I get the same dump of errors on first start.

Any Ideas?

Here is the error dump:

In file included from /Applications/arduino-0010/hardware/cores/arduino/WConstants.h:1,
                 from Firmata.cpp:31:
/Applications/arduino-0010/hardware/cores/arduino/wiring.h:60:1: warning: "abs" redefined
In file included from Firmata.cpp:28:
/Applications/arduino-0010/hardware/tools/avr/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.0.2/../../../../avr/include/stdlib.h:116:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
Firmata.cpp: In member function 'int FirmataClass::available()':
Firmata.cpp:70: warning: no return statement in function returning non-void
Firmata.cpp:70: warning: control reaches end of non-void function
In file included from /Applications/arduino-0010/hardware/cores/arduino/WProgram.h:6,
                 from Stepper.cpp:48:
/Applications/arduino-0010/hardware/tools/avr/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.0.2/../../../../avr/include/avr/signal.h:36:2: warning: #warning "This header file is obsolete.  Use <avr/interrupt.h>."
In file included from /Applications/arduino-0010/hardware/cores/arduino/WProgram.h:8,
/Applications/arduino-0010/hardware/cores/arduino/wiring.h:60:1: warning: "abs" redefined
In file included from /Applications/arduino-0010/hardware/cores/arduino/WProgram.h:1,
/Applications/arduino-0010/hardware/tools/avr/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.0.2/../../../../avr/include/stdlib.h:116:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
In file included from utility/twi.c:25:
/Applications/arduino-0010/hardware/tools/avr/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.0.2/../../../../avr/include/avr/signal.h:36:2: warning: #warning "This header file is obsolete.  Use <avr/interrupt.h>."

Iowa, USA
Arduino rocks
View Profile

:smiley

OK - part of my problem was that i had a wire in the 1 and 0 pin so now I can upload a sketch. *walks away kicking rocks - how embarassing*

Forum Administrator
Cambridge, MA
Faraday Member
View Profile

Those errors on startup are normal (and fine), but not very nice.  I'm going to try to get rid of them soon.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: