Go Down

Topic: New code not running despite flawless flash (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

aleyna511

The following shows up in my terminal window as 'tjdolan' got when I try to program Arduino BT with the led_blink sketch.

Code: [code]Binary sketch size: 4144 bytes (of a 14336 byte maximum)

Atmel AVR ATmega168 is found.
Uploading: flash
Firmware Version: 1.15
Firmware Version: 1.15

And, he is suggested that his Atmel chip doesn't work. I was wondering anyone having this same problem tested the board with a replaced chip. I have Arduino BT, and there is no way to replace the chip for Arduino BT (but chip can be replaced in NG). Before I will order a new BT, I want to know if anybody tried it with a new chip? Since BT is around $120, I wanted to know...

Any suggestions would be helpful...

Thanks...

mellis

You might be able to just reprogram the existing chip, say with a USBtinyISP, which is only $22.  If you don't want to assemble it, you could buy an AVRISP mkII, but those are more like $60.  

aleyna511

So, mellis

Do you think, my chip is not good any more. So, the problem is my chip for sure??

Thanks a lot...

mellis

Dunno.  What happens when you upload the program?

If it seems not to run at all (whatever the program is), then you might need to reburn the bootloader onto the chip.  Or at least that seems to have fixed the problem for other people.

kuuk

Or at least that seems to have fixed the problem for other people.

i just did a "re-burn" to a mini and an arduino NG's atmega. Same Symtoms before, everything fine afterwards.

Go Up