Go Down

Topic: Install problem in Linux (Read 374 times) previous topic - next topic

T_Case

Hi all
I'm new here and have just tried to get the Arduino software running on my Debian AMD64 based system.  I unpacked the arduino-0009 package from  a Linux Format DVD and tried running it and got the following error messages.

tcase@bart:~$ cd '/home/tcase/arduino-0009'
tcase@bart:~/arduino-0009$ ./arduino
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /home/tcase/arduino-0009/lib/librxtxSerial.so: /home/tcase/arduino-0009/lib/librxtxSerial.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory thrown while loading gnu.io.RXTXCommDriver
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /home/tcase/arduino-0009/lib/librxtxSerial.so: /home/tcase/arduino-0009/lib/librxtxSerial.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
       at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
       at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1751)
       at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1676)
       at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:823)
       at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1030)
       at gnu.io.CommPortIdentifier.<clinit>(CommPortIdentifier.java:83)
       at processing.app.Editor.populateSerialMenu(Editor.java:899)
       at processing.app.Editor.buildToolsMenu(Editor.java:737)
       at processing.app.Editor.<init>(Editor.java:181)
       at processing.app.Base.<init>(Base.java:202)
       at processing.app.Base.main(Base.java:177)

The link errors seem odd as the quoted libraries exist on those paths.
Any ideas ?

mellis

Are you using a 64-bit version of Debian?  If so, you probably need to compile RXTX yourself (or Google to see if someone already has) as the included native binary is for 32-bit OSes.  You might need to do the same with avrdude (which is used to upload sketches to the board); you can get the source at: http://www.arduino.cc/files/avrdude-5.4-arduino-0010-src.tgz

Go Up