Go Down

Topic: how to start .... (Read 371 times) previous topic - next topic

Pizzamann

Hi,

I have the following idea for a new project:
I want to control a little bod like this

with a standard USB Joystick from my Windows PC.

My plan is the following:

Joystick --> PC <--> Xbee (USB) <~~~> Xbee <-> Mini Ard <-> Servos / DC Motor / etc.

Due to the fact that I'm a newbie with Arduino I would need some kind of jump start how to start the hole project.

Greg

kuuk

do you need/want your pc in between? you could just hook a joystick (non-usb) to the second x-bee-arduino.

to get started i would suggest the following:
1- wire and get an arduino to talk to your bot, try programming some test movements like left-right, forwards-backwards.
2- if this works, try to control it with your pc: write an arduino sketch that takes commands from the serial port (via usb).
3- finally get that wireless working (if you haven't already), and throw it all together

i think there is a handful of information for the last steps here on the forum or the wiki/playground. if you built the bot, you maybe know how to interface it. there are tutorials on controlling motors and servos though as well.

good luck,
kuk

Go Up

Quick Reply

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name:
Email:

shortcuts: alt+s submit/post or alt+p preview