Go Down

Topic: SoftwareSerial timeout (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

tron22

Yeah, I knew the Software Serial lib didn't have an 'available' feature, I didn't think it would turn into an issue.  However, it did.

I also ended up having other problems, my program was teetering around the 8K mark, and would get sporatic when I added any more code, and more stable when I took a couple lines away.

So I ended up getting a couple wiring boards.  So far i love them.  128K of space for program, nice.  Also, it has two hardware serial ports.  Allowing me to leave it plugged into the computer as well as the device (lcd projector) at the same time.  Lovin' it.

I'm still tinkering with modifying the Software Serial library though.  Will post if anything comes of it.
"The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese!"

anaidioschrono

I've been playing around with the SS library.  I'm pretty new to the arduino platform, but it looks like there is surely room for improvement with the SS library.  I've been meaning to add basic things like a timeout.  This really shouldn't be all that hard.  If you want to give it a go, I'm sure you can make it work for you.  Otherwise, I plan on getting around to this sometime soon.

mellis

Any improvements you can make to the SoftwareSerial library would be much appreciated.  It needs some love, and I haven't had time to work on it.

Go Up