Go Down

Topic: Login not working (Read 674 times) previous topic - next topic

aams86

Hi,
Logins seem to be working now for the most part after the updates.  I have a few students whose accounts are having trouble logging in now.  Their passwords are not working.  When they go to reset them, the temporary password doesn't work.  One thing that is interesting is it does bring them to their profile, where they can update the password using the temporary password, but the updated password is not working either.  Is there a way to get around this?

Thank you,

Aaron Stafford

matteosuppo

Are they trying to login with their passwords or their email addresses?
http://www.google.it

00alis

@aams86 please let us know how we can best support you and you classroom, maybe you can let us know one of the students' Arduino ID that have troubles logging in?
thank you

Bradwheat

This was happening to me as well all through the weekend, but I think I finally figured it out.  You now need to log in with your username and NOT your email address.

I use a password manager (LastPass) and previously would login with my email address and password to use the forums and the Create Web Editor.  All weekend I couldn't get into my arduino.cc account and today I started to make a new account and just happened to notice the blank login field said "USERNAME".  I tried my username and password and that worked.

So, either I'm going crazy (still not ruling that out) or something changed with the arduino.cc site sign on.

If you use a password manager (like me) the login fields are automatically populated and you won't see that it's requesting your "USERNAME" there unless you delete the autopopulated text, which in my case was my email address.

Hopefully this will work for anyone else running into this problem.

00alis

@Bradwheat,
sorry for the inconvenience with the authentication, yes emails are not accepted anymore in the USERNAME field, more infos available on the FAQ.

Using emails as IDs was creating a lot of issues (e.g. people changing their emails and than having their username mismatched) and was also posing security issues.

Thanks again for your understanding.

00alis

@aams86 there is a know issue with resetting password and we are working hard to fix it. Were your students able to login in the end? Let us know so we can try to support you individually.

aams86

Hi, they were using their username to log in.  I haven't had a chance to try it out again with this group, I will see them tomorrow, and we will test it and see.  If it still doesn't work, I will get their user names and send them over.

Go Up