Go Down

Topic: Can't upload sketch from 0013, or 0014 on PPC Mac (Read 389 times) previous topic - next topic

wholder

Mar 12, 2009, 05:02 am Last Edit: Mar 12, 2009, 04:34 pm by wholder Reason: 1
I've been trying to use these new versions on my PPM-based Mac, but I can't seem to upload any sketches to either my Diecimila or Duemilanove (168) oards.  I can load a sketch in 0012 and upload it to the board just fine.  But, if I then try to upload the same sketch (using the same settings for the board and serial port) using either 0013, or 0014, I get this error:

avrdude: usbdev_open(): did not find any USB device "usb"

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Wayne

kg4wsv

The FTDI drivers are loaded, right?  When you do an "ls /dev/tty.*" (notice .) what do you see?

2 of the 3 macs I use for arduino are PPC, so it works in general.

-j

wholder

Mar 12, 2009, 04:16 pm Last Edit: Mar 12, 2009, 04:34 pm by wholder Reason: 1
Yes.  The FTDI drivers are loaded, and they do work when I upload sketches using Arduino 0012 (and, I've even tried reinstalling them using the installers in the 0013 and 0014 builds.)  I also see the ports listed (twice, as always) in the serial port menu drop down.  This seems to result from some difference with the 0013 & 0014 builds.

Wayne

mellis

Weird.  That message implies that the IDE is trying to upload using a real USB device as opposed to a virtual serial port (which how the Arduino board should behave).  Did you edit your boards.txt file or preferences.txt file?  

wholder

Yup.  I trashed the preferences.txt file and let the IDE rebuild it and that solved the problem.  I tend to forget that not all the config information is in the downloaded build.  Sorry for the false alarm.

Wayne

Go Up