Go Down

Topic: Can't get the Arduino 16 software to work (Read 627 times) previous topic - next topic

cheeseHead

Jun 23, 2009, 02:16 pm Last Edit: Jun 23, 2009, 02:17 pm by cheeseHead Reason: 1
I have a brand new Arduino Duemilanova and have followed the Getting Started guide. The drivers have all installed correctly, but when I try to run the software either by run.bat or Arduino.exe I get the following:

Not sure if this is relevant, but when I plug the hardware into the USB port, the L light flashes; Power light is on as normal.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

gabebear

I can't see your pics... I get a 404 error from the server.

just posting the text from the DOS-like window would be helpful.

cheeseHead

Try these links:

The image hosting site added a rogue 'e' to the URL!

gabebear

Jun 25, 2009, 05:41 pm Last Edit: Jun 25, 2009, 05:42 pm by gabebear Reason: 1
Hmm...

Well, the Arduino software isn't very friendly with 64bit systems. Are you using 64bit Windows? if so check http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1231084999

If you are using 32bit Windows, the first thing I'd try is Arduino-15, a lot of people stayed with it because Arduino-16 changed so much of the underlying software. If you are using a regular Arduino(not the monster Mega) then 16 won't really give you anything extra.

Truthfully, I've never run the Arduino software on Windows.

cheeseHead

Running it on Windows XP Home and have just solved the problem (I think!) :)

After following the link I deleted the Java folder from the Arduino-0016 folder and ran arduino.exe and it now works.

Thanks for the help.

cheeseHead

After reading more threads about similar problems I gave copied the Java folder from the Processing download and the run.bat works correctly now.

All of the other threads are with regards to 64 bit windows installations but mine is Windows XP Home (32 bit).

Go Up