Go Down

Topic: Arduino 328 board connected to a balance (Read 6877 times) previous topic - next topic

Labuschagne3

GrooveFlotilla

I means that the receiver isn't working/isn't connected/connected to the wrong line.
Probably.
Some people are like Slinkies.

Not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Labuschagne3

Morning, What I don't understand is when the balance is connected to com1 and the data is echo'd from Realterm to com2 where the Arduino Serial is connected then it reads the data.

GrooveFlotilla

It's possible then that the level converter you posted a link to doesn't work, because that's the only bit that you don't use when connecting to com1.
Can you write a simple sketch to read and write characters just on the soft serial connection, and then connect that to com1 via the level converter? That would help test the converter.
Or maybe you've already done that?

Have you got access to an oscilloscope?
A multimeter may work for static line conditions, but won't be able to show characters.
Some people are like Slinkies.

Not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Labuschagne3

the way it is connected when going through serial ports 2 is:
The balance is connected to com1 using realterm to read balance data then echo the data to com2 where  a cable is connected from com2 the rs232 level converter that is connected to the Arduino board to pin 2 pin 3.

I will try to use the Arduino Oscilliscope, do I just check the rx and tx pins?

Go Up