Go Down

Topic: PANdrive PD42-4-1140_TMCL (Read 252 times) previous topic - next topic

mark visser

Hello,

For school we are working on a project that we could think of our self. We use a steppermotor PANdrive PD42-4-1140_TMCL. I have worked whit steppermotor before. So I already know how to use that. But i heard that you can program the stepper moter to. Then he can give a signal when he is at point 1 point 2 point 3 etc. Now is my quetion how do you do that? Can someone help me?

Thank you very much.
Mark Visser

P.S.
Sorry for the bad englis

UKHeliBob

Normal stepper motors have no method of feeding back their current position.  You tell them to make a number of steps and trust that they will do it.  You can make a stepper motor drive to one or both ends of their travel and close (or open) a limit switch and stop so that you can establish a starting position.

If you only want to know when the stepper is at say 5 different positions then you could put switches at those positions and read them so that you know when the stepper reaches one of them.

If you want to know the current position of a stepper motor wherever it is then you will need some form of feedback, such as a rotary encoder attached to the motor.
Please do not send me PMs asking for help.  Post in the forum then everyone will benefit from seeing the questions and answers.

Go Up