Go Down

Topic: softwareSerial error arduino-0016 in ubuntu (Read 692 times) previous topic - next topic

Amsit

I am using a "arduino duemilanove w/ 328"
Ubuntu 8.04 + arduino-0016

unknown MCU 'atmega328p' specified
Known MCU names:
  avr2
  at90s2313
  [glow]much of list removed[/glow]
  at90usb1287
  at94k
  avr1
  at90s1200
  attiny11
  attiny12
  attiny15
  attiny28
SoftwareSerial.cpp:1: error: MCU 'atmega328p' supported for assembler only
In file included from /home/mydirectory/arduino/arduino-0016/hardware/cores/arduino/wiring.h:28,
                from /home/my directory/arduino/arduino-0016/hardware/cores/arduino/WConstants.h:1,
                from SoftwareSerial.cpp:24:
/usr/lib/gcc/avr/4.2.2/../../../../avr/include/avr/io.h:295:6: warning: #warning "device type not defined"

If I use "arduino duemilanove w/ 168" I do not get the same error
but cannot upload sketches.
error
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

I have read much of the information on this site and cannot get this working from Linux. BTW works OK from Vista

I noticed the following the LINUX does not seem to be sending a reset to the board I see traffic on the RX none on the TX

On the windows setup the reset command is executed then there is two way traffic on the USB/serial. and the sketch uploads

This is a problem as I plan on using the finished controller to interface with a linux system

follower

My first guess is that you need to install a more recent version of avr-gcc.

--Phil.

wayoda

If you want to keep the Ubuntu 8.04 release you'll have to find a way to install a more recent version of the avr-gcc and avr-libc packages. (From the Ubuntu 9.04 repositories)

If you are on the latest Ubuntu 9.04 (or upgrade to this) the default avr- packages are ok.
Eberhard

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy