Go Down

Topic: 0017 Mac OS X Library name conflict? (Read 601 times) previous topic - next topic

Jzone

Hello, my first post here - sorry it has to be about a problem.

I'm on Mac OSX 10.5.7 using Arduino 0017. My Sketchbook is in ~/Documents/Arduino/ and my libraries are in ~/Documents/Arduino/libraries.

I've installed the MIDI Library here on arduino.cc and changed the name of the unzipped folder from MIDI to MIDI_FF. Both example .pde files compile with no problems.

I've recently installed a second, completely different MIDI library from some friends of mine. I've changed the name of the new unzipped folder from MIDI to MIDI_JP.

Both libraries contain files called MIDI.h and MIDI.cpp (but have different path names) - and when I try to compile the two examples that come with the Arduino MIDI Library - I now get errors.

The MIDI Library from my friends compiles with no problems.

If I remove my friends MIDI library from my libraries folder - the Arduino MIDI library examples compile again.

Considering I'd like to have access to both libraries - how do I fix this?

Thanks in advance,

J

mellis

You need to change the name of one of the header files (and modify the .c / .cpp files to #include the new name).  The Arduino environment uses the names of the header files you include in your sketch to decide which libraries to link in.  

Jzone

Thanks Mellis - that's pretty much what I figured/was hoping.

Appreciated.

J

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy