Go Down

Topic: Brand new Mega 328 doesn't work (Read 565 times) previous topic - next topic

6threplicant

Hello,

I finally received my two Arduino pro 328 boards that I had ordered from sparkfun.com. I installed the driver, connected one board to my PC, and followed the instructions to get the blink program running. It work just fine. Then, I unplugged the board and plugged in the other one. Did not work. I followed the instructions on the troubleshooting page to no avail. So, I followed the same start up procedure to test the board in my netbook. Still no luck. I unplugged the board from the netbook, and plugged in and reprogrammed the first board from the netbook too. No problem.

I am new to this system platform, so I will appreciate any suggestions. Could it be that the one board I am unable to program is faulty? Could it be a matter of it having the wrong bootloader? My PC runs Windows XP. I'm using the Arduino IDE downloaded from this website.

This is the output I get when I try to program the board:

avrdude: Version 5.4-arduino, compiled on Oct 11 2007 at 19:12:32
        Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean.

System wide configuration file is "C:\Documents and Settings\X\Desktop\arduino-0017\hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port            : \\.\COM7
        Using Programmer      : stk500v1
        Overriding Baud Rate  : 57600
avrdude: ser_open(): setting dtr
avrdude: Send: 0 [30]   [20]
avrdude: Recv:
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: Send: Q [51]   [20]
avrdude: Recv:
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

avrdude done.  Thank you.

Thanks in advance

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy