Go Down

Topic: ID-12 programming help (Read 676 times) previous topic - next topic

falven

Hello,
I have the ID-12 RFID reader, and am trying to set up the programming so I can find the string representation of my id tags. I then want to program it so I can verify them (compare them to the given strings)
I am using the software from the arduino playground.
Code: [Select]

void setup() {
 Serial.begin(9600);                                 // connect to the serial port
}

void loop () {
 byte i = 0;
 byte val = 0;
 byte code[6];
 byte checksum = 0;
 byte bytesread = 0;
 byte tempbyte = 0;

if(Serial.available() > 0) {
   if((val = Serial.read()) == 2) {                  // check for header
     bytesread = 0;
     while (bytesread < 12) {                        // read 10 digit code + 2 digit checksum
       if( Serial.available() > 0) {
         val = Serial.read();
         if((val == 0x0D)||(val == 0x0A)||(val == 0x03)||(val == 0x02)) { // if header or stop bytes before the 10 digit reading
           break;                                    // stop reading
         }

// Do Ascii/Hex conversion:
         if ((val >= '0') && (val <= '9')) {
           val = val - '0';
         } else if ((val >= 'A') && (val <= 'F')) {
           val = 10 + val - 'A';
         }

// Every two hex-digits, add byte to code:
         if (bytesread & 1 == 1) {
           // make some space for this hex-digit by
           // shifting the previous hex-digit with 4 bits to the left:
           code[bytesread >> 1] = (val | (tempbyte << 4));

if (bytesread >> 1 != 5) {                // If we're at the checksum byte,
             checksum ^= code[bytesread >> 1];       // Calculate the checksum... (XOR)
           };
         } else {
           tempbyte = val;                           // Store the first hex digit first...
         };

bytesread++;                                // ready to read next digit
       }
     }

// Output to Serial:

if (bytesread == 12) {                          // if 12 digit read is complete
       Serial.print("5-byte code: ");
       for (i=0; i<5; i++) {
         if (code[i] < 16) Serial.print("0");
         Serial.print(code[i], HEX);
         Serial.print(" ");
       }
       Serial.println();

Serial.print("Checksum: ");
       Serial.print(code[5], HEX);
       Serial.println(code[5] == checksum ? " -- passed." : " -- error.");
       Serial.println();
     }

bytesread = 0;
   }
 }
}

I do not understand how to store the byte code from the rfid tags, if it wont print to serial because its in bytes. I have tried the conversions such as char() and it gives me errors. Also, I have no idea, once I have the tag code, how to compare tit o the code the reader picks up.
Thanks

-Falven

falven

Bump!....
40 views and not a single reply...

AWOL

Feb 08, 2010, 07:53 pm Last Edit: Feb 08, 2010, 08:08 pm by AWOL Reason: 1
Cross-posting won't get you any fans.
Bumping after less than a day isn't looked on kindly either.

I do not understand how to store the byte code from the rfid tags

They're in "code", aren't they?
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

falven

Feb 08, 2010, 10:29 pm Last Edit: Feb 08, 2010, 10:29 pm by falven Reason: 1
Thougth the reason people weren't posting is because it was in the wrong thread.
Didnt realize it hadn't been exaclty 24 hours.

When you scan a card you can't print it to serial because it's in byte code. Nothing pops up or weird symbols do. How can I scan a card to determine its code and then make variables accordingly to check for it and compare it to whatever card is scanned?

AWOL

As soon as you've read each character (they're already in ASCII from the reader according to your comments), simply print it out, or use "Serial.print (code, HEX);"
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

falven

As soon as you've read each character (they're already in ASCII from the reader according to your comments), simply print it out, or use "Serial.print (code, HEX);"

They do print out in ascii by using the Serial.print(code, HEX) function, but Wouldn't i need them in byte format? because they are saved in code[] as byte format, and if you try to compare the code[](byte format) to your cards[](ascii) then they will never match...

Go Up