Go Down

Topic: Arduino software... (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

digitypo

Hi. :)
Arduino seems not to contain full of files on the folder when I checked the folder after i downloaded arduino software. For this reason, when I start the application, it did not work like wiring application and showed a error massage like this. :(

================================
Cannot launch Java application

Uncaught exception in main method:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no rxtxSerial in java.library.path
================================

Moreover, I could not quit application after this message. Therfore, I should have used 'Force Quit Applications'.

I do not know maybe I made a mistake or don't know how to start it.

Should I copy arduino files to wiring application?
If it is not, could you tell me how to start it? :( ???

One more thing, does Arduino boards work with wiring application?

Many thanks. :)

David Cuartielles

Sep 21, 2005, 06:19 pm Last Edit: Sep 21, 2005, 07:17 pm by DojoDave Reason: 1
Hej,

for the MAC with Arduino-0001 you need to install RXTX first. For Arduino-0002 (coming next week) this package will be included by default. You can choose to install it yourself of to wait for a couple of days. Release number 2 is also including lots of new funky features proposed by users and beta-testers, I would recommend you to wait a bit and get the latest.

However, if you feel like you need to try right now you have one choice:

- install RXTX, there is a very good documentation site with binaries for MAC OSX here: http://itp.nyu.edu/~dbo3/SerialServer/SerialServer.html

--> to install wiring and patch it with the Arduino-old files is something we don't support any longer (read next message by Massimo)

/DD

admin

Dear

the Arduino board doesn't work with the Wiring application.

At the very beginning arduino was born as a plugin to wiring but in order to achieve our goal of being open source and cross platform (on the microcontroller side) we dropped this approach and moved to a fully fledged IDE independently derived from Processing.

Please download the software from the link you find on the homepage.
Be aware that we are releasing a version 2 of the IDE next week just before the Madrid workshop that will fix some bugs and add support for the new pre-assembled USB boards (well the only difference is that the bootloader is more robust and works faster)

digitypo

thanks guys.
I think I would better wait for next version. :)

boppyer

is it available to download yet :-)

David Cuartielles

Haha,

it is fun to get you all pushing a bit. It makes the development even more fun  8).

The Italian Team is working around the clock in releasing the next software because of the workshop starting next Wednesday in Madrid. So don't worry because it is about to be out there.

Thanks for the interest guys, all together will make the best open interface platform ever.

/David

AlphaBeta

...SPAM?

Do you like playing God... resurrecting the dead?  ;)

Go Up