Go Down

Topic: Screw Proplem. (Read 11176 times) previous topic - next topic

RIN67630

And it would come in white 8)
Additionally, all inputs/outputs would have been Apple-proprietary and you would need an adapter for everything you want to connect to your A(pple)duino.

pert

Actually this is a huge business opportunity. You could make dozens of dollars selling specialized "Arduscrews".

westfw

Something like this?

ballscrewbob

Something like this?

But does it have the Apple or Arduino logo ?
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

fiko-man

I'm sure the Arduino company will solve a simple screw hole design mistake without the need for an Apple company :D

westfw

I dunno.   They essentially sacraficed the usefulness of the screw hole, to add the I2C pins...

ballscrewbob

@ fiko-man

Time to give it up...
Those holes been there a long time and aint changing any time soon.\
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

fiko-man

Jul 13, 2017, 09:39 am Last Edit: Jul 13, 2017, 09:52 am by fiko-man

Arduino and the apple company could not solve the screw problem. But intel resolved the problem by sliding back the sockets.

westfw

intel resolved the problem by sliding back the sockets.
I'm pretty sure that Intel move the mounting holes, rather than the sockets.  Since the board is much bigger than standard Arduino sized, maintaining full dimension compatibility was not an issue.  (but moving the sockets would mean that shields wouldn't fit, which would defeat the purpose of having the sockets at all.)

fiko-man

Paul_KD7HB

Socket head cap screws work just fine, with lots of clearance.

Paul

ChunksBruv

Haha, if it was made by apple it wouldn't have a USB connector, so you wouldn't be able to program it anyway. 

dougp

Sep 26, 2017, 05:01 am Last Edit: Sep 26, 2017, 05:02 am by dougp
I haven't got my hands on any yet but, some plastic (nylon?) circuit board supports look like they might work. They're too big for the 2 .5mm holes in the board so mounting on the periphery is the best option.

YMMV

Go Up