Go Down

Topic: Programming Attiny45 with Uno. Problems finding good information. (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

3Dtj

Received the ATtiny85 chips and no longer getting the error regarding capacity but I'm back to the earlier message stating the programmer is not responding.

Code: [Select]

Sketch uses 5000 bytes (61%) of program storage space. Maximum is 8192 bytes.
Global variables use 84 bytes (16%) of dynamic memory, leaving 428 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 512 bytes.
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x03
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x03
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x03
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x03
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x03
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x03
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x03
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x03
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x03
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x03
Problem uploading to board.  See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

I did upload the sketch to the UNO before using the Ardurino as ISP to the ATtiny85.  I'll check connections some more but unclear the issue.

3Dtj

For some reason now I'm unable to upload the simple Blink sketch to the ATtiny45 even though it was working last week.  I did update the Arduino IDE to 1.8.5 thus unclear if that impacted the ability to use the previous core to send code to ATtiny45.  Any suggestions?  I'm going back and removing/reinstalling the cores for the ATtiny45 again.

pert

Please do this:
  • File > Preferences > Show verbose output during: > compilation (uncheck) > upload (check) > OK
  • Sketch > Upload
  • After the upload fails you'll see a button on the right side of the orange bar "Copy error messages". Click that button.
  • Paste the error messages in a reply here USING CODE TAGS (</> button on the toolbar).

3Dtj

I corrected the one minor oversight and was able to upload Blink sketch to the ATtiny85 and confirmed the LED blinks using only the ATtiny85.  When I attempt to upload the LoRa sketch, I receive the following error:

Code: [Select]

C:\Users\TBK\Documents\Arduino\LoRaDuplex_Reciever_mini\LoRaDuplex_Reciever_mini.ino:9:18: fatal error: LoRa.h: No such file or directory

#include <LoRa.h>

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board ATtiny25/45/85.

3Dtj

My bad.  Had accidentally moved library folder. 

File compiled to ATtiny85!!!   Now checking to see if it actually works with the LoRa chip.

Go Up