Go Down

Topic: Waveshare e-paper displays with SPI (Read 36885 times) previous topic - next topic

jzvolanek

@ZinggJM
Thank you for the information!!

Ps: My work with ePaper 4.3! :-)

URL=http://img.janforman.com/EPDver7u00k.JPG][/URL]

oleedee

BUSY -> 7, RST -> 9, DC -> 8, C S-> 10, CLK -> 13, DIN -> 11

The serial monitor reads:

⸮vxM@⸮⸮1⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮M4x͉⸮M4⸮MR⸮<

ZinggJM

BUSY -> 7, RST -> 9, DC -> 8, C S-> 10, CLK -> 13, DIN -> 11

The serial monitor reads:

⸮vxM@⸮⸮1⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮M4x͉⸮M4⸮MR⸮<
Hi,

Your post seems not be "quotable" by normal means.

One of my fellow Arduino developers told me the Gods have decided that Serial Communication should be 9600 baud. But even simple AVR Arduinos seem to be able to handle 115200 baud.

The bit rate used by my examples can be seen in the source: Serial.begin(115200).
(this was missing in an earlier version of PagedDisplayExampleSmallRam).
The Serial Monitor has  a drop down list to select the bit rate. With 115200 you should get a readable result.

Have you re-read my post and seen that you should not connect IO pins of 5V Arduinos directly?
See also post #240.
No personal message please; any question may be useful for other users. Use code tags for code. Make links clickable with URL tags. Provide links to the product in question.

oleedee

Thankyou,

from serial monitor;

setup
setup done
_PowerOn : 8
_Update_Full : 4
_PowerOff : 8
_Update_Full : 8

ZinggJM

Dec 06, 2017, 09:37 pm Last Edit: Dec 06, 2017, 09:43 pm by ZinggJM
The near zero wait values mean that either the BUSY line does not work, or the the SPI communication (sending commands) does not work.

The e-paper HAT may be a bit tricky to use. The connecting cable to the uno needs be pushed in firmly to make good contact to the HAT, and the flexible cable connections need make good contact in the connectors. The black part needs be pushed in after the cable has been pushed in to get good contact.

The SPI pins should be the same number on any UNO (Atmega328P).

Make sure the switch is set to 4-line SPI, Interface Config on the HAT.
No personal message please; any question may be useful for other users. Use code tags for code. Make links clickable with URL tags. Provide links to the product in question.

oleedee

Thankyou! I think I had not pushed in the black parts on the connectors properly.

Now they are connected and I get different readings from the serial monitor,

Now it reads;

setup
setup done
Busy Timeout!
Power On : 10001016
Busy Timeout!
drawPicture : 10000968
Busy Timeout!
Power On : 10001072
Busy Timeout!
drawPaged : 10000228
Busy Timeout!
Power On : 10000196
Busy Timeout!
drawPicture : 10000140
Busy Timeout!
Power On : 10000336
Busy Timeout!
drawPaged : 10001040
Busy Timeout!
Power On : 10001028
Busy Timeout!
drawPicture : 10000140
Busy Timeout!
Power On : 10000144

ZinggJM

Dec 07, 2017, 06:50 am Last Edit: Dec 07, 2017, 08:51 am by ZinggJM
... and you still get no update or reaction on the display?

This would mean your SPI communication still does not work.

You could also measure the BUSY signal at your UNO pin, to see if it is constantly zero or only as a reaction to command reception.

I do have the e-paper HAT, but did not use it so far. I will try with a b/w e-paper, my 1.54" b/w/r is mounted on its own board.

It works:

Redinvader

Does the 1.54" E-Paper Display work with the Arduino Due ?

ZinggJM

Does the 1.54" E-Paper Display work with the Arduino Due ?
Yes, it does. But you need to connect CLK and DIN to the SPI pins on the 6 pin SPI connector.

See Waveshare E-ink and Arduino Due

Go Up