Go Down

Topic: arduino v18 linux editor font problem (Read 4826 times) previous topic - next topic

jeffob

thanks i will give this a try.

i guess my other problem is this. has anybody been able to change the font to anything other than Monospced?

binkl

It seems to work for me. I can change the editor font by changing the editor.font property

for example:
editor.font=Andale Mono,plain,14

in 9.10 there is a monospaced font named Monospace (vs Monospaced) that looks a little better (in my opinion).

binkl.

Colin D Bennett

I notice that the font sizes in the Arduino IDE are not at all consistent with font point sizes in the rest of Ubuntu/Gnome 10.04.  For instance, font Droid Sans Mono, plain, size 12 in Arduino is much smaller than 12 point Droid Sans Mono is in every other application.

I may have to take a look at this myself since no one is fixing it and it's terribly ugly without antialiasing.

AlphaZeta

Try change the editor font to 14

editor.font=Monospaced,plain,14

in ./arduino/preference.txt

Even though I didn't have any problem in Ubuntu 9.10 I did notice problems in 10.04 and with the default font size, the _'s are not displaying properly. But after increasing the font size to 14, everything looks pretty good.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy