Go Down

Topic: Problem Installing Drivers (Read 996 times) previous topic - next topic

MikeCrazy

Hi

I just bought the ARDX Experimenter's Kit from Solarbotics which includes an Arduino Duemilanove. The board seems to be working OK. When I plug it into my computer the board does the demo LED blinking, but in the bottom-right corner of the screen a text bubble appears saying:

"USB Device Not Recognized
One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and windows does not recognize it. For assistance in solving this problem, click this message."

When I click the bubble a window opens showing

"One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and windows does not recognize it.

The location of the device is shown in bold type.

USB Root Hub (2 ports)
  Unknown Device
  Unused Port"

I click on Unknown Device and it opens a window with 2 tabs: General and Driver. I click on the Driver tab then click Update Driver. The Hardware Update Wizard opens and I do what all of the tutorials tell you to do to install the drivers. But then it says:

"Cannot Continue the Hardware Update Wizard

The wizard could not find a better match for your hardware than the software you currently have installed."

Then it prompts me to try again or close the Wizard. This is weird because as far as I know there is no software installed. Im assuming that nothing is wrong with my Arduino.

Please Help!

Coding Badly

MikeCrazy

manwolf

I would like to thank Coding Badly, I just got my Mega and had the same issue.  After spending 2 hours reading post after post I came across this one and it solved my issue. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Go Up