Go Down

Topic: sparkfun atmega168 w/ arduino bootloader (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic

Coding Badly

How does the SparkFun ATmega168 behave when it's loaded in the Arduino?

wizdum

It seems to work fine in the arduino with just the led blink sketch, I haven't tried anything else. Is there something I should test for?

I can't really test too much in the standalone board, because I didn't use a breadboard. It's all soldered up into a really small package (2" x 1.5").
"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."

Electronic props for Airsoft, paintball, and laser tag -> www.nightscapetech.com

Coding Badly

You have...

- An Arduino with an ATmega168 processor
 - An ATmega168 processor purchased from SparkFun that has a bootloader installed
 - A "really small project"

Correct?

You program the Arduino processor while it's loaded in the Arduino, pull out the processor, put it in your really small project and everything works as you expect.  Correct?

You program the SparkFun processor while it's loaded in the Arduino, pull out the processor, put it in your really small projects and it does not work as you expect.  Correct?

wizdum

Correct. Although it isn't really "a small project", it's just mounted on a really small PCB.

Heres the link to the project:
http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1240844492
"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."

Electronic props for Airsoft, paintball, and laser tag -> www.nightscapetech.com

Go Up