Go Down

Topic: toneMelody problem in 0019 (Read 433 times) previous topic - next topic

MaineTim

Sep 06, 2010, 02:53 am Last Edit: Sep 06, 2010, 04:53 am by MaineTim Reason: 1
Newbie poster here: hope I'm putting this in the right place! Maybe it should be under Bugs, but... :)

I just started with the Arduino a few days ago, and was using version 0018. The toneMelody example in that version loaded and executed just fine. Today I switched over to version 0019, and found that when toneMelody is executed, only the first note is correct. The following notes do play, but the pitch is (way) wrong. I checked the tone values being used via serial monitor and they are the same.
I see that one of the changes made in 0019 was to the tone() function, and I wonder what needs to be done to get the code to work correctly again?

I'm using a Duemilanove, BTW. Thanks... Tim

condemned

Oct 12, 2010, 03:16 pm Last Edit: Oct 12, 2010, 10:02 pm by condemned Reason: 1
This looks to be a bug in tone(), introduced in 0019 (whilst fixing "Issue 228: PWM remains disabled after tone() ends".)

A temporary work-round would be to insert noTone(8); just before the tone comand. That'll work because it ensures that the underlying timer is re-initialised correctly on subsequent tone calls.

[edit: the issue is already logged : Issue 361 : tone command no longer plays frequencies accurately]

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy