Go Down

Topic: REplace USB type B with USB-C (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

termistion

Hi, have Arduino Uno, but would like to have it USB-C like my Samsung Galaxy S8 so I can use the same car charger.
Cheers and great job.

Budvar10

Exactly, the connectors will be damaged more quickly and they could sell more UNOs in result. :)
It is not easy to make such change on the board. Each change in design has impact to profit. USB on the UNO is pretty durable and in my opinion it is the best for this format of the board. The most of chargers has A type socket so it is not problem to use different cable.
Arduino clone with ATmega1284P   http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=277260.0

ballscrewbob

And of course there are adaptors galore on Ebay and Amazon that take one type and make it into another.

I like the bigger more reliable connectors myself.

I have a bag full of those tiny ones that have been bent or squashed (not by me I might add).

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Delta_G

What's funny is that a few posts down someone is asking to put the A on the Nano instead of the C.

OP have you considered the Nano?  Same chip same code but has the connector you want.
If at first you don't succeed, up - home - sudo - enter.

Go Up