Go Down

Topic: No ttyUSB0 in arduino IDE Ubuntu (Read 11535 times) previous topic - next topic

xorcist

I would agree with that statement, however considering the steps that I've already taken above to troubleshoot this issue, what else in addition to those could I take (besides reinstalling/downgrading) in order to troubleshoot and narrow down the source of the problem?  I wish I was seeing error messages, but I'm not...I think I'm going to attempt to write a sketch to the Arduino using RAD to see if it's truly an IDE or OS issue.  I'll let you guys know what happens.

mtcs

Try:

#modprobe ftdi_sio
(I also loaded the usbserial before, but I don't know if it is necessary)

see if "dmesg| grep ttyUSB0" returns anything... if it does, you are set.

I had the same problem and it worked for me. :)

shenki

@xorcist, the problem was with the usb driver suspending in 2.6.37.  This has been fixed:

bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=23012

Ubuntu will no doubt soon release a new kernel based on the in-development 2.6.37 which will contain this fix.  If you still have a maverick kernel installed (2.6.35) you can reboot into this to work around the issue for now.

xorcist

Right on, thanks!  I noticed this one as well:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/687685

It may be the same bug, I'd have to look a little deeper.  Thanks so much, looks like it was a kernel bug ;-)

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy