Go Down

Topic: Arduino Ide022 .pde file association bug. (Read 2837 times) previous topic - next topic

dubser123

Hello,

Since I install Arduino 022  ide I'm unable to associate .pde files with Arduino IDE.  I tried to select "Automatically associate .pde files with Arduino" in preference menu but as soon I reopen the IDE it come back unselected. I try associate .pde extension to arduino.exe with
configuration panel....does not work. I tried removing IDE files and re-downloadind without correction for this bug.

I'm  running  Arduino 022 on Windows 7 family edition.
Not so harmfull but annoying, any help appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Serge

PaulS

It appears to be a "feature" on Win7. Stupid POS OS.

I created a shortcut on the desktop, and drag files to the shortcut to open the IDE and file.

dubser123

Jan 17, 2011, 12:04 am Last Edit: Jan 17, 2011, 12:09 am by dubser123 Reason: 1
Since I install Arduino 022  ide I'm unable to associate .pde files with Arduino IDE

I used Ide018 with Win7 before and this problem did not exist. My problem is only with file association (double clicking on .pde file). I start Ide with an icon include in the rapid start bar.

retrolefty

Jan 17, 2011, 01:17 am Last Edit: Jan 17, 2011, 01:18 am by retrolefty Reason: 1
I created a shortcut on the desktop, and drag files to the shortcut to open the IDE and file.

Just tried that and it works. That in it's self is kind of a cool trick.  ;)

mrtaylor

Jan 17, 2011, 02:37 am Last Edit: Jan 17, 2011, 02:53 am by mrtaylor Reason: 1
I am not a window geek, but is arduino version 0018 still installed? uninstall and  try reassociating with the new arduino version.

mowcius

I also have this issue with 0021 and 0022.

Works fine on my laptop running the same OS.

dubser123

I tried removing IDE files and re-downloadind without correction for this bug.

As I understand there is no install  for this software  ie: Arduino not listed in control panel installed software. So I do the equivalent of removing/reinstalling.

mowcius

As I understand there is no install  for this software  ie: Arduino not listed in control panel installed software. So I do the equivalent of removing/reinstalling.

Yep - that is true.

Not sure how Windows handles associations for things that aren't installed - it never seemed to work quite right.

Mowcius

fillibar

I have this working fine on one computer, Windows 7 64bit where the associations have remained. On a separate computer, also Windows 7 but 32bit, the association was "lost" and has been unable to reset since. I can tell it to select the IDE but it will never actually open the file and never remains associated. On that computer I just open the IDE and open the file itself.

mowcius

the association was "lost" and has been unable to reset since. I can tell it to select the IDE but it will never actually open the file and never remains associated. On that computer I just open the IDE and open the file itself.

Yep - that's what happened here too.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy