Go Down

Topic: Help get Arduino 21 installed on my Ubuntu machine (Read 7 times) previous topic - next topic

raron

Dec 25, 2010, 11:26 pm Last Edit: Dec 25, 2010, 11:29 pm by raron Reason: 1
I downloaded Arduino 0021 from Arduino.cc, and extracted it, but don't know how to get it to install

Maybe I'm just lucky, but that's what I did too, and you are almost there if you have done that. Just go to the directory you extracted it to. I'm using /home/myusername/arduino-0021/ - so I type "cd arduino-0021/", and then start it by typing:

./arduino

In the terminal. Or just write "./a" - then hit TAB, and it should auto-complete.

Using Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit btw. Also 9.10 on a 32-bit ubuntu.

UnoArd

SUCCESS!  0022 ran.  I was able to select the Uno board.  I successfully uploaded a sketch.
Thanks all who helped, particularly mrtaylor, who invested a lot of time.  You've made this old man happy.  God bless.

mrtaylor

purza

Running Kubuntu 10.10 amd-64 Arduino UNO with -0022.  Anyone having problem with reading serial data from the UNO board?  I was trying to work through the programs "Getting started with Arduino" book and anything that reads serial data back hangs up.  If I put a large delay 100 or more I can read the data on the serial monitor.

Another problem, when I installed the Processing language it somehow wipes out arduino -0022 and makes it -0018 complete with Icon on the desktop!  I forget the specifics but I have to run -0022 from it's directory to get it to work again.
Arduino UNO that seems selfish about sending back serial data!
KUBUNTU 10.10 AMD64

pluggy

Serial problems on the Uno can usually be cured by upgrading the 8U2 firmware.  

http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1285962838 see post #10 especially.

Go Up