Go Down

Topic: Forum Members - Search by country ? (Read 765 times) previous topic - next topic

jmlietaer

Could it be made possible to add a "Search by country" in the Members section of the Forum ?

It would be nice to know who is an Arduino addict living next to you.

Maybe also to create an Arduino User Group or organize some kind of activity/workshop, ...

J.M.

David Cuartielles

Hej,

we cannot offer your personal information without an explicit contract between you and us ... remember the EU and USA regulations for privacy that we have to follow.

The kind of overhead this requires is a little overwhelming. However, we have started monitoring how many people are linking the pages from the site on different social networks. Turns out many of you are linking contents from the site onto facebook and twitter.

One thought is using many of the facebook groups, you can use the Arduino Playground to announce your things officially and facebook as a tool to search for others.

A different possibility is that we implement a contract that will allow registered users browse the information of other registered users ... if you guys are interested in that ... it is a matter of code :-)

/d

ChrisS

Mar 11, 2010, 04:58 pm Last Edit: Mar 11, 2010, 05:29 pm by ChrisS Reason: 1
I think it is a great idea.

Better is able to search cities.
Because i want to know if there are more people in my city with arduino things. That makes posible to meet them.

Maybe, it its possible to show or not to show personal Information in Board-Profile...

If i don't want to show where i live... then i don't...
If i want to, i fill in Country and City... so everybody could see...

Then it is my decision to make this info public or not...

OOhhh, what the hell... its already there... Userinformation... ;)

Oh, i filled in City...  :o  8-)

So, everybody could get this info, because i have done it, no for me...
i know where i live... right ha?

I think searching Profiles is a good idea...
Information which has already been made public... could be searchable... should be searchable...

You got my vote!

Greetings
ChrisS

I dream of a Arduino User Worldmap ;) I think thats a good idea... with allowing to message a red point... in my area...
Then User is able to answer... or decide not to answer... till answering he is anonymous.

You are able to distribute Information you like... homepage, email.. ArduinoProjectGroups, PCB Services ;)

Maybe, there is a extension to Arduino:Forum what doing the same..

Maybe that ist this ;)
I think it is a great idea.

Better is able to search cities.
Because i want to know if there are more people in my city with arduino things. That makes posible to meet them.

Maybe, it its possible to show or not to show personal Information in Board-Profile...

If i don't want to show where i live... then i don't...
If i want to, i fill in Country and City... so everybody could see...

Then it is my decision to make this info public or not...

OOhhh, what the hell... its already there... Userinformation... ;)

Oh, i filled in City...  :o  8-)

So, everybody could get this info, because i have done it, no for me...
i know where i live... right ha?

I think searching Profiles is a good idea...
Information which has already been made public... could be searchable... should be searchable...

You got my vote!

Greetings
ChrisS

I dream of a Arduino User Worldmap ;) I think thats a good idea... with allowing to message a red point... in my area...
Then User is able to answer... or decide not to answer... till answering he is anonymous.

You are able to distribute Information you like... homepage, email.. ArduinoProjectGroups, PCB Services ;)

Maybe, there is a extension to Arduino:Forum what doing the same..

Maybe that is this :)

PLEASE HAVE A LOOK AT THIS:

http://www.carsten-dalgaard.dk/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1266252078

That is adding my wish with threadstarters :)

Ask Community to do or to do not...
Sturmfabrik - mediale Dienstleistungen
www.sturmfabrik.de

Go Up