Go Down

Topic: RoboCup Junior Arduino-based Soccer Robots (Read 5 times) previous topic - next topic

complubot

Jan 26, 2011, 03:35 pm Last Edit: Jan 26, 2011, 08:13 pm by complubot Reason: 1
This video shows robots playing soccer  in the style of Robocup Junior Soccer  B League. All  robots are designed, built and programmed by young students up to 19 years.

Complubot team robots are based on a multi-processor architecture with four Arduino processors each. Some of the opposing teams using high-performance processor as Blackfin. This is the result:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwOWtDB9Ufg
Centro de Robótica Educativa
www.complubot.com

JustXtreme

complubot

Not really, Complubot robots have a maximum speed of 1m / s (for now) and the German team's robots TnT exceed 2m / s. The motor power is also different: 18W (Complubot) vs 150W (TnT). I think the biggest difference is the stability of the robots (fewer errors) and how to play (algorithms).

Perhaps the simplicity of the Arduino platform allows young students to work on other things  8)
www.complubot.com

Jak24

HI!

Nice robots,
I am also a Robocup Junior competitor,
And i am also using arduino as my processor although i am only using 1 arduino mega,
I hope to make robots as good as yours someday xD.

Not really, Complubot robots have a maximum speed of 1m / s (for now) and the German team's robots TnT exceed 2m / s. The motor power is also different: 18W (Complubot) vs 150W (TnT). I think the biggest difference is the stability of the robots (fewer errors) and how to play (algorithms).

Perhaps the simplicity of the Arduino platform allows young students to work on other things  8)

Are you motors 18w per motor? or 18w all motors together ,and team TNT's robots had 3x 12w motors not 150w, here is the link proving that:
http://tnt-robotik.de/Feldspieler-2010.html
and team TNT also used a coprocessor besides the blackfin.
also, how did you interface 4 arduino's ?

Regards

Jak24

complubot

I am also a Robocup Junior competitor

Fantastic, what  is your team name?, Soccer  A Soccer B, primary,  secondary?

Are you motors 18w per motor?

No,  my students use 4  x 4.5W motors

TNT's robots had 3x 12w motors not 150w

Perhaps I  misunderstood or maybe the  web information is not updated  to October 2010

how did you interface 4 arduino's ?

Using the  serial port
www.complubot.com

Go Up