- your using the I2C master lib (TinyWireM) - YES ?- it compiles and loads to the ATtiny fine - YES ?- you have an LED on one of the other pins showing the sketch started - "NO BUT GOOD IDEA . . . YES IT DOES" ?- you put a scope on pin 5 (SDA) and pin 7 (SCL) and saw nothing - NO, BUT I KNOW I'M NOT GETTING OUTPUT BECAUSE . . .
What ATtiny core files are you using? I've only been using those from "high-low tech", and loading with the ArduinoISP or the USBtinyISP.
attiny852.name=ATtiny85 (Load w/ USBtinyISP)attiny852.upload.using=arduino:usbtinyispattiny852.upload.maximum_size=8192attiny852.build.mcu=attiny85attiny852.build.f_cpu=1000000Lattiny852.build.core=attiny45_85
However, the sketch was running 10X slower - even the Blink sketch. :.
So I changed the speed in boards.txt from f_cpu=800000L
to f_cpu=1000000L and now it works fine.
I don't know why one set of cores uses an 8MHz clock and another set uses a 10MHz clock.
Was it 8X?
800K is nowhere to be found in boards.txt. Was it an 8M entry you changed?
Are the target processor's fuses set to run at 1 MHz? Or 8 MHz?
The HIT core uses a 10 MHz clock?
Kinda busting my chops on this aren't you?This is what I've done, and this is, I guess, my thanks.
- boards.txt for "google code" core is set for 8MHz. (It also sets fuses which sets the internal clock speed.)It looks like the fuse settings in boards.txt for "google code" aren't getting set for some reason.
Well, I was wrong! Adamant, but wrong.I was posting instead of sleeping, and between cut & paste and counting zeros, I screwed up.
- boards.txt for HIT core is set for 1MHz.
In any case, the ATtiny I2C libs work with either core.
select "ATtiny85 @ 8 MHz" then execute "Burn Bootloader".
Please enter a valid email to subscribe
We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the
email we just sent you.
Thank you for subscribing!
via Egeo 16