Go Down

Topic: Arduino on Xcode Project — Official Thread (Read 158383 times) previous topic - next topic

rodrigozanatta

Hi. Is just me that is having this problem? I just install the last Xcode and embedXcode. Than start one simple project, don't make ANY change, config to Build and press run. Than I have this error:

In poliserial.cpp
void pollserial::write(uint8_t c) {
pollserial.cpp:131: Prototype for 'void pollserial::write(uint8_t)' does not match any in class 'pollserial'

In Print.h
virtual size_t write(uint8_t) = 0;
Print.h:48: Candidates are: virtual size_t Print::write(uint8_t)

size_t write(const char *str) {
Print.h:49: size_t Print::write(const char*)

virtual size_t write(const uint8_t *buffer, size_t size);
Print.h:53: virtual size_t Print::write(const uint8_t*, size_t)

Is this a bug? All the problem is with this write function. This is just a compilation problem but I am very weak in C++ to solve it :(

Can someone help this?

avenue33

In order to help, I need more information.

• What release of the Arduino IDE are you using?

• Does the sketch compile successfully with the standard Arduino IDE?

rodrigozanatta

Hi. Thanks for the fast answer.

I am using the last of everything:

• Arduino: 1.0.5

• XCode: 4.6.3

• embedXcode: Sep 01, 2013 release 104

I don't make ANY change from original script from your embedXcode. I just start a project and try to compile it. So I really think this is a small bug and it is not in sketch, but in "core" program.

Where can I download an old version to see if this is the problem? This look like a problem with virtual function... I tried a lot of things and none work until now...

avenue33

I did a quick search on the Arduino forum to find solutions related to this PollSerial library.

It seems it raises problems.

See for example Arduino to Stand-alone ATMEGA328 Communication Problem, among the many threads about this very library.

I guess you have installed this library in your sketchbook.

You need to exclude it. Please proceed as follow:

Code: [Select]
EXCLUDE_LIBS = pollserial OneWire Firmata WiFi Esplora OneWire Robot_Control Robot_Control/utility Robot_Motor

For more information, please refer to Chapter 4 Build and Upload the Project, Section 2 Manage the Libraries for Compilation, Sub-section Exclude Libraries of the User Manual.

Have you downloaded the User Manual?

rodrigozanatta

Hum... This is not library from your project? My bad... Because I am starting with Arduino and in my first try with your program I get this error, I thought this problem come from your program...

I will try it now and see if it work :)

And yes, I tried to read your (good) user manual. I only have to understand that this is a library from arduino :)

rodrigozanatta

Sep 07, 2013, 12:11 am Last Edit: Sep 07, 2013, 12:19 am by rodrigozanatta Reason: 1
Sh*t... This poliserial is a sub-library from a library that I installed other day.. Because this I have no idea from were this come from (now I discovery the build log from Xcode  :smiley-red: and see the it compile every library I have, even if I not call then)..

Only one day to discovery this small problem... =(

If I not did this mistake, It will be "plug and play"!!

One advice, in Solutions to Most Common Issues

Symptom: Compilation fails.
Solution: Create an empty library folder and try again. Than put the libraries you want and test what cause problem.

Symptom: Compilation fails.
Solution: Read the f*cking compilation log! It will show that the problem come from one of your library!

avenue33

Already in the Solutions to Most Common Issues

Symptom   Compilation fails.
Solution   What are the messages in the Log navigator?
Reference   See Error Messages

rodrigozanatta

Hi again!  the embedXcode is working very well. But, I am having problem with git and XCode. I can use a external program and it work well.

But with Xcode, I can't do anything. It commit with out problem, but it don't make any difference and I can't see the history in the Xcode. No matter how many times I do the commit, the "A" status never change.

This only happens with embedXCode project, if I create a "normal" project I don't see any of this problems.

Did you know the problem or what I can do to solve it?

This is the image:

avenue33

Hi again!  the embedXcode is working very well. But, I am having problem with git and XCode. I can use a external program and it work well.

Did you know the problem or what I can do to solve it?

I haven't been able to replicate the issue.

Now, Xcode is performing many things under the hood, especially indexing all the libraries.

This may have an impact on the commit process.

rodrigozanatta

I haven't been able to replicate the issue.

Now, Xcode is performing many things under the hood, especially indexing all the libraries.

This may have an impact on the commit process.

Do you know how can your program affect the git? The git itself is working perfectly outside, but something between Xcode and Git are not working. I was the first to report this?

avenue33

Sep 14, 2013, 09:03 pm Last Edit: Sep 14, 2013, 09:04 pm by avenue33 Reason: 1
The template doesn't affect the Git, except Xcode has a lot of work to perform just after the project is prepared, as references to all the libraries are added to the project.

Yes, you're the first to report this. Congratulations!

rodrigozanatta

Something very strange is happing with my Xcode... I will try to reinstall it.

Anyway, one last thing that I can't do is send a message to serial for debug. How can I print a single "Hello World"?

This classic way don't work:

Serial.begin(9600);
Serial.println("Hello world!"); 

Neither the

printf("Hello World");

Is this the way to do it? Or I can't send this message with your program? I try to read all your docs, but didn't find this answer. Is this one (more) problem of my Xcode, or am I missing a library?

avenue33

The serial console appears on a separate Terminal window.

rodrigozanatta

The serial console appears on a separate Terminal window.

Yes, I know this. So by your answer it have to work like normal... Why I have all this problem??   =(

The console is just equal the Arduino IDE console? So I have one more problem in my Xcode...

Go Up