Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 43   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino on Xcode Project — Official Thread  (Read 111106 times)
France
God Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Arduino 1.5.x is still in beta, hence some issues with the libraries.

By default, embedXcode compiles all the libraries. It seems the latest release of Arduino includes libraries with issues.

Proceed as follow:
  • Create a new embedXcode project.
  • Edit the makefile with
Code:
APP_LIBS_LIST = 0
USER_LIBS_LIST = 0
  • Launch Build

Please refer to chapter 4 Build and Upload the Project section 2 Manage the Libraries for Compilation for more details.

As I don't own an Arduino Due, I can't conduct the tests myself but the issue has been reported on other boards.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 04:12:43 pm by avenue33 » Logged

View Profile

Thanks that helped.

I still had to manually setup the project after creating a new project, making changes to makefile and first build as the automatic updates didn't happen.

Otherwise it's compiling and executing on target.

I am still battling with differences between options of 'ALL' and 'BUILD' as both seem to compile, download to target and execute code - will play around a bit more.

~Colin

Arduino 1.5.x is still in beta, hence some issues with the libraries.

By default, embedXcode compiles all the libraries. It seems the latest release of Arduino includes libraries with issues.

Proceed as follow:
  • Create a new embedXcode project.
  • Edit the makefile with
Code:
APP_LIBS_LIST = 0
USER_LIBS_LIST = 0
  • Launch Build

Please refer to chapter 4 Build and Upload the Project section 2 Manage the Libraries for Compilation for more details.

As I don't own an Arduino Due, I can't conduct the tests myself but the issue has been reported on other boards.

France
God Member
View Profile

Strange you have to battle with manual changes on the makefiles...

It should work fine right away out-of-the-box.

View Profile

Yes, it is a bit strange. I even tried creating a new project seeing as the automated procedure is a once only affair.

I created a new project, manually edited lib lines in make file and then click the run icon to build.

Build was successful, but .ino file was still associated as a plain text file, plus I had to set up other items as outlined in manual procedure.

Colin

View Profile

I was wondering if my embedXcode/xcode setup is correct. I am running Arduino 1.5x, Xcode 5.01 and embedXcode 1.11 on OSX Mavericks as it is building/downloading very slowly (can take a minute to compile for small code base).

When viewing navigator I notice that under "Utilities" and "Product" I have embedXcode_prepare and "Index" showing in red - is this correct/okay?

As reported in my earlier post that I had to manually setup Xcode as the automated procedure doesn't work so am concerned I have not configured my setup correctly.

Please see attached showing the navigator.

~Colin

* Screen Shot 2013-11-07 at 11.46.12 AM.png (61.23 KB, 458x372 - viewed 17 times.)

France
God Member
View Profile

When viewing navigator I notice that under "Utilities" and "Product" I have embedXcode_prepare and "Index" showing in red - is this correct/okay?

The embedXcode_prepare program prepares the project and runs only once, during the first compilation. It is deleted after.

The Index target is a proxy target used solely for code-sense.

Please find excerpts from the User Manual.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 03:44:20 pm by avenue33 » Logged

France
God Member
View Profile

Please find a new release of embedXcode.

• embedXcode  • Nov 08, 2013 release 112 • Stability enhancement for Digispark
  • embedXcode+ • Nov 08, 2013 release 112 • Support for Protostack 28-pin AVR board, USBtinyISP and USBASP programmers
Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks allows to read the User Manual as an e-book on a Mac.

embedXcode+ supports new boards and programmers: Adafruit Atmega32u4 Breakout and Protostack 28-pin AVR boards, Adafruit USBtinyISP and Protostack USBASP programmers.

Happy coding smiley

Download
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 10:36:52 am by avenue33 » Logged

View Profile

Hi,
I've just updated to embedXcode+113 in Mavericks. However when I try to create a new project ,set the USER_LIBS_LIST = 0, and build it. After successfully compile the project, all the files in the left project navigator disappear except the project file. If I click this project file ,an error diagram pops up "The file couldn't be opened".
If I remove all the user library away, this problem will no longer exist. However if there is any library in the library folder, this problem remains.
I turn back to the ver.110. There is no such problem in it.

France
God Member
View Profile

Hi,
I've just updated to embedXcode+113 in Mavericks. However when I try to create a new project ,set the USER_LIBS_LIST = 0, and build it. After successfully compile the project, all the files in the left project navigator disappear except the project file. If I click this project file ,an error diagram pops up "The file couldn't be opened".
If I remove all the user library away, this problem will no longer exist. However if there is any library in the library folder, this problem remains.
I turn back to the ver.110. There is no such problem in it.

The utility in charge of preparing the project hasn't changed between release 110 and 113. The issue you're reporting is due to non-standard names for the folders and files of the user library —like spaces, +, ...

View Profile

I've dealt with this problem by moving the incompatible user library before. However at this time, whatever user library I put into the library folder, the project will be lost.
Since there is no such problem in ver.110 ,I can maintain use this version. But can you figure out the reason why?

France
God Member
View Profile

I've dealt with this problem by moving the incompatible user library before. However at this time, whatever user library I put into the library folder, the project will be lost.
Since there is no such problem in ver.110 ,I can maintain use this version. But can you figure out the reason why?

With so few elements, it is just impossible.

View Profile

I resolved it by uninstalling it using the app under the document.

PS:
Perhaps you lost an 's' in the "document" folder. A new folder named "Document" is in my home folder after installation.

France
God Member
View Profile

Thanks for noticing me about the typo. Fixed smiley

View Profile

Hi,

I haven't read all the thread, and the search function turns up nothing. I hope this question hasn't been asked already.

I have to small issues using embedXcode:

- I develop an RS-485 communication for my board (duemilanove). So naturally, I have an RS-485/USB converter plugged into my MAC. Unfortunately, wen the converter is plugged, I can't upload code to my board. embedXcode thinks the converter is my board. So I have to unplug, compile, upload, re-plug the RS-485 converter. That, in turn breaks the connection with my MAC application that I use to communicate with the board… and so on.
Question: how do I tell embedXcode which port to use to communicate with the board?

- I would like to test several boards (uno with ATMEGA, due with ARM processor and chip kit with PIC32). How do I add targets such as "ALL for uno", "ALL for due", and "ALL for chipkit"?

Thank you for reading me.

France
God Member
View Profile

I have to small issues using embedXcode:

- I develop an RS-485 communication for my board (duemilanove). So naturally, I have an RS-485/USB converter plugged into my MAC. Unfortunately, wen the converter is plugged, I can't upload code to my board. embedXcode thinks the converter is my board. So I have to unplug, compile, upload, re-plug the RS-485 converter. That, in turn breaks the connection with my MAC application that I use to communicate with the board… and so on.
Question: how do I tell embedXcode which port to use to communicate with the board?

On the main makefile, uncomment the line with BOARD_PORT and set the exact USB port, as /dev/tty.usbmodem1421 in the example

Code:
# BOARD_PORT is optional
# If not defined, BOARD_PORT = /dev/tty.usb* (default)
#
BOARD_PORT = /dev/tty.usbmodem1421

- I would like to test several boards (uno with ATMEGA, due with ARM processor and chip kit with PIC32). How do I add targets such as "ALL for uno", "ALL for due", and "ALL for chipkit"?

Thank you for reading me.

Just select the board according to chapter 3 Use the Project section 3 Manage the Code for Multiple Plaforms sub-section 1 Change the Board of the User Manual.

* Capture 2013-11-20 à 14.56.25.png (610.69 KB, 979x717 - viewed 19 times.)

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 43   Go Up
Jump to: