Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 43   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino on Xcode Project — Official Thread  (Read 111297 times)
France
God Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I don't think so, as the Xcode project is self-contained in its folder.

New Jersey
View Profile

I'm trying to create my first project (no coding yet).  I followed the example in the instructions.  After I do step 3.1.1 where it builds the project (I guess that's what it's doing).  I get a bunch of error in the included Arduino (1.0.4) libraries.  I'm getting errors in WString.h, Arduino.h and stdlib.h.  See attached screenshot.   I just installed the latest version of embedXcode.  What should I do?

* embedXCode build errors 1.png (495.51 KB, 1403x884 - viewed 14 times.)

France
God Member
View Profile

Hi!

Really, I don't understand what's happening. This is the very first time so many issues are reported.

Let's try something: as per §5.2. Manage the Libraries for Compilation, please edit the main makefile and change the line
Code:
APP_LIBS_LIST =
for
Code:
APP_LIBS_LIST = 0

New Jersey
View Profile

Hi!

Really, I don't understand what's happening. This is the very first time so many issues are reported.

Let's try something: as per §5.2. Manage the Libraries for Compilation, please edit the main makefile and change the line
Code:
APP_LIBS_LIST =
for
Code:
APP_LIBS_LIST = 0

I tried that, then I started getting errors in other libraries.  First I got errors in a clock.h library I have.  So I moved it out of the \libraries folder.  Then I rebuilt and started getting error in DS1307RTC library, so I moved that out of the library folder.  Then I got errors in ERxPachube library.  I moved that out of the library folder.  Then I got errors on WString.h, Arduino.h and stdlib.h.   All these libraries work in the Arduino IDE. See screenshots.

Some errors are byte does not name a type

* Screen Shot 2013-04-05 at 8.14.31 AM.png (228.3 KB, 1134x649 - viewed 12 times.)

* Screen Shot 2013-04-05 at 8.16.02 AM.png (179.34 KB, 1163x652 - viewed 12 times.)

* Screen Shot 2013-04-05 at 8.18.21 AM.png (295.25 KB, 1128x792 - viewed 12 times.)

* Screen Shot 2013-04-05 at 8.20.02 AM.png (400.9 KB, 1188x682 - viewed 10 times.)

New Jersey
View Profile

Just to see if the problem was with the latest Arduino IDE (1.0.4), I deleted Arduino.app and installed 1.0.2.  I rebuilt in xcode and got the same errors.

New Jersey
View Profile

So I have a little more info, maybe it will help.  I removed all the libraries from my \library\ folder and tried to rebuild my project xcode and it worked, no errors.  Then I started adding libraries back, and re-built.  Sometimes it build successfully, and sometimes I got errors.  For example, when I added a twitter.h library in, I got errors (see screenshot).  Another library that gave me errors was EthernetDHCP

* Xcode_twitter.JPG (98 KB, 1127x632 - viewed 10 times.)

France
God Member
View Profile

Thank you for your investigation.

Does the header of the libraries always include the statement
Code:
#include "Arduino.h

New Jersey
View Profile

I looked at 3 libraries that had errors and none of them have arduino.h

France
God Member
View Profile

As recommended at Writing a Library for Arduino,

You need a couple of other things in the header file. One is an #include statement that gives you access to the standard types and constants of the Arduino language (this is automatically added to normal sketches, but not to libraries). It looks like this (and goes above the class definition given previously):
Code:
#include "Arduino.h"

Have you followed the procedure detailed in section 7.2. Solution to Most Common Issues

Q: Does the sketch compiles normally on the standard IDE?
A: If the sketch doesn’t compile on the standard IDE, then the error isn’t generated by Xcode or embedXcode alone.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 09:58:08 am by avenue33 » Logged

New Jersey
View Profile

I'll try including Arduino.h to the libraries and see if that helps.  If that's the problem I would think lots of other people would have come across this before me. 

I do check to see if the sketch compiles in the Arduino IDE.  Right now my sketch is empty, I'm just trying to create an empty project.

For your user manual in slideshere.net, the hyperlinks to outside sites work, but the links to other sections in the pdf do not.  Can you enable the save option so users like me can just download the PDF from slideshare.

Thanks for your help with getting this to work for me.  I hope I get it figured out, I look forward to using XCode with my Arduino.

New Jersey
View Profile

I still haven't figured out all my compile error problems on a new install; maybe #include "Arduino.h" will fix it.  But I can compile okay if I remove all the libraries from my library folder, which I've done for the time being.  But I seem to be having a problem with the Automatic Procedure.  I Created a new project (test4) as described in step 3.1 and select Build as my target then Run. 
I didn't get any build errors, but when I compared my project to step 3.1.2, I see that the identity and type for test4.ino is still plain text.  It didn't change the settings in the External Build Tool Configuration and didn't add the Arduino directories under sketchbook.  It's like the Automatic Procedure isn't running.

France
God Member
View Profile

Thank you for answering this two questions survey.

The answers will help me to focus on the most popular platforms.

Survey: http://rei-vilo.polldaddy.com/s/using-embedxcode-with

New Jersey
View Profile

I seem to be having a problem with the Automatic Procedure.  I Created a new project (test4) as described in step 3.1 and select Build as my target then Run. 
I didn't get any build errors, but when I compared my project to step 3.1.2, I see that the identity and type for test4.ino is still plain text.  It didn't change the settings in the External Build Tool Configuration and didn't add the Arduino directories under sketchbook.  It's like the Automatic Procedure isn't running.

Any suggestions for me?  I'd really like to get this working.  It seems like the Automatic Procedure isn't running.

France
God Member
View Profile

I seem to be having a problem with the Automatic Procedure.  I Created a new project (test4) as described in step 3.1 and select Build as my target then Run. 

Any suggestions for me?  I'd really like to get this working.  It seems like the Automatic Procedure isn't running.

Could you please send me a copy of the log navigator when you launch the Build? Feel free to use the contact form at http://embedxcode.weebly.com/contact.html.

New Jersey
View Profile

What's the log navigator?

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 43   Go Up
Jump to: