Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 45   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino on Xcode Project — Official Thread  (Read 132555 times)
France
God Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

The User Manual for embedXcode as a free e-book is now available.

I downloaded the iBook in iTunes, but it says I need an ipad to read it.  I don't own an ipad.  Is there another way to read it?

The next iteration of the Mac OS X due this fall is planned to feature an reader for the electronic books using Apple iBook format.

In the meantime, I'm PM you a link to the printed manual as a PDF file.

New Jersey
God Member
View Profile

I just installed the latest version (rev 59 I think) of EmbedXcode and I'm having a couple issues.  I created a new project.  I did not add any code yet. I noticed my .ino file was still listed as txt, not C.  I ran build and I got an error on my Dallas library.  So I set USER_LIBS_LIST = 0 and tried again.  It said the build succeeded, but then it said it could not load my project because of workspace integrity.  I closed xcode and tried again to open the project, but it didn't work.  I deleted the bad project and tried it again creating a new project and I had the same result. 

My OS is 10.7.5, My Arduino IDE ver is 1.0.5.  When I created the project I told it to use source control and my board was the Mega 2560.

France
God Member
View Profile

I just installed the latest version (rev 59 I think) of EmbedXcode and I'm having a couple issues.  I created a new project.  I did not add any code yet. I noticed my .ino file was still listed as txt, not C.

That's normal. See Chapter 2 Section 2 on the User Manual.

I ran build and I got an error on my Dallas library.  So I set USER_LIBS_LIST = 0 and tried again.  It said the build succeeded, but then it said it could not load my project because of workspace integrity.  I closed xcode and tried again to open the project, but it didn't work.  I deleted the bad project and tried it again creating a new project and I had the same result.  

My OS is 10.7.5, My Arduino IDE ver is 1.0.5.  When I created the project I told it to use source control and my board was the Mega 2560.

I wasn't able to replicate the workspace integrity error on my MacBook. Are there other time-consuming processes running? as Mac OS X is a multitasking OS, processes may conflict.

What is your Mac? Try with only Xcode launched.

You could also try the procedure we've already discussed at http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=49956.msg1206628#msg1206628
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 02:03:35 am by avenue33 » Logged

New Jersey
God Member
View Profile

I wasn't able to replicate the workspace integrity error on my MacBook. Are there other time-consuming processes running? as Mac OS X is a multitasking OS, processes may conflict.

What is your Mac? Try with only Xcode launched.

You could also try the procedure we've already discussed at http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=49956.msg1206628#msg1206628

I logged out of my mac and back in again to make sure nothing else was running.  I created a new project and got the same workspace integrity error. 

I looked at the post you referenced, but I don't have an Xcode folder in my Documents folder.  So I couldn't do the terminal commands.

I tried installing xcode rev 50 (still had it in my download folder) and created a new project and this worked fine, no errors.

My computer is a Mac Pro with Quad-core Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM.

France
God Member
View Profile

I've PM-ed you to send me the log so I can investigate.

Thank you.

New Jersey
God Member
View Profile

Thank you.

Okay.  One thing I noticed is rev 59 installer says it will use 1.9MB on my disk.  I think Rev 50 installer said it was over 6MB on disk. Seems like a big difference.

France
God Member
View Profile

Thank you.

Okay.  One thing I noticed is rev 59 installer says it will use 1.9MB on my disk.  I think Rev 50 installer said it was over 6MB on disk. Seems like a big difference.

The difference comes form the User Manual no longer included in the distribution but available separately. The Release Notes is a much more compact PDF, hence the difference of size.

France
God Member
View Profile

After two days of intensive search, the cause of the error reported by ScottG has been identified: non standard file names.

Volume, folder or file names with space —e.g. My first project.ino— , number as first character —e.g. 3D_library.h—, special letters as . + ~ —e.g. Wtv020sd16p.cpp~—, among other cases, raise an error with GCC and make.

This is not specific to embedXcode.

I've updated embedXcode to deal with those cases and plan to release it soon, but I strongly recommend to avoid the cases mentioned above.

Needless to say I can't provide support for issues which are not related with embedXcode, as two major challenges are ahead: OS X Mavericks with Xcode 5 and Arduino 1.5 framework.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 02:38:29 am by avenue33 » Logged

View Profile

Hi,
Does the "Fast" Scheme disappear?
My macbook is not powerful enough. Thus where can I find it?
Thank you~~

France
God Member
View Profile

Hi,
Does the "Fast" Scheme disappear?
My macbook is not powerful enough. Thus where can I find it?
Thank you~~

The template has grown in complexity, making it difficult to maintain. So I've started a simplification process, removing some extras to focus on the main features.

You can easily speed compilation by as described in chapter 4 Build and Upload the Project section 2 Manage the Libraries for Compilation on the User Manual.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 02:48:23 am by avenue33 » Logged

Switzerland
View Profile

Hi,

Which is the latest embedXcode release 59 or 101?

France
God Member
View Profile

Latest version is 101. A new one numbered 102 is to be released later today.

Switzerland
View Profile

Thanks avenue33 for the quick reply.
It would be great if you could add links for the old releases.
I wanted to install release 059 again, but I wasn't able to find it.

Thank you for your effort, I like embedXcode.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 06:01:53 am by flurin » Logged

France
God Member
View Profile

Please find a new release of embedXcode.

embedXcode • Jul 27, 2013 release 101 • Stability enhancements
embedXcode • Jul 29, 2013 release 102 • Improved utilities

Interim release 101 initiates the simplification process, as the template has grown in complexity, making it difficult to maintain. The idea is to focus on the main features.

Release 102 improves the utilities for checking the availability of new releases and preparing the project with all the references.

The User Manual is also being reviewed and is under approval.

As always,
• Download: http://embedxcode.weebly.com/download
• User guide: http://embedxcode.weebly.com/tutorial

Enjoy smiley

Switzerland
View Profile

Please find a new release of embedXcode.
Enjoy smiley

I've installed Release 102 and did a quick test (Build and Upload to Arduino Mega2560 r3). So far Okay. Thanks for the new Release.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 45   Go Up
Jump to: