Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 45   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino on Xcode Project — Official Thread  (Read 133603 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi,

I just installed embedXcode onto a fresh Mavericks machine with Xcode 5 but I find that the syntax checking and autocomplete is not working for .ino files.  What do I need to do to have these treated as C++ files?

Thanks,
Al

France
God Member
View Profile

Mavericks isn't released yet so I can't test it, sorry.

Have you checked the related section on the User Manual?

View Profile

Hello,

Thanks for the fast reply.  I'm a Mac newbie so following the guide helped.  I was missing to set "Identity and Type" to C++ Source.  Working now.

Thanks,
Al

View Profile

Hey,

I am just starting out with embedXcode so I do not have any previous installations or working projects.  I installed XCode 5.0 and embedXcode 107.  When I create a new project and build, it is successful but then comes up with the "Workspace Integrity" error.  I tried the recommendation from before in this thread (and elsewhere online) to close all other projects but that did not help.  I have quit XCode completely, rebooted the computer, opened a fresh instance of XCode and a new project but I still get the error.

France
God Member
View Profile

@kieferm

This case has been already discussed. Please refer to these posts:

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=49956.msg1318987#msg1318987

I wasn't able to replicate the workspace integrity error on my MacBook. Are there other time-consuming processes running? as Mac OS X is a multitasking OS, processes may conflict.

What is your Mac? Try with only Xcode launched.

You could also try the procedure we've already discussed at http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=49956.msg1206628#msg1206628

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=49956.msg1321296#msg1321296

After two days of intensive search, the cause of the error reported by ScottG has been identified: non standard file names.

Volume, folder or file names with space —e.g. My first project.ino— , number as first character —e.g. 3D_library.h—, special letters as . + ~ —e.g. Wtv020sd16p.cpp~—, among other cases, raise an error with GCC and make.

This is not specific to embedXcode.

I've updated embedXcode to deal with those cases and plan to release it soon, but I strongly recommend to avoid the cases mentioned above.

Needless to say I can't provide support for issues which are not related with embedXcode, as two major challenges are ahead: OS X Mavericks with Xcode 5 and Arduino 1.5 framework.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 01:41:55 am by avenue33 » Logged

View Profile

Hi~~

Have you upgrade to Mavericks? I use Mavericks GM and Xcode 5, but  code hinting seems not working.
If I change the #include"Arduino.h" to
#include"/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino/Arduino.h"
The code hinting works for the function. However Registers like "UBRRH" seem not defined so variables like "Serial" doesn't have code hinting either.

Do you have this problem? Thank you ~~

France
God Member
View Profile

OS X Mavericks isn't released yet and I don't have a developer account so I can't test it.

Support for Mavericks is in the roadmap and I'm waiting for the official release.

Since you seem to have Mavericks installed on your Mac and if you aren't limited by a NDA, does the standard Arduino IDE work fine?

View Profile

Arduino IDE works fine in Mavericks, as it is based on Java~~

France
God Member
View Profile

Arduino IDE works fine in Mavericks, as it is based on Java~~

I don't understand the point very well: Java is for the Arduino IDE only, not for compilation.

Compilation, including building and linking, is done by the GNU GCC tool-chain, which is also used by embedXcode.

Since you have Mavericks GM, I guess you're a registered Apple developer, so you have access to the full technical support. Could you please investigate on what has changed between OS X 10.8 and 10.9 that raises the issue you've reported?

Thank you for your help!

« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 02:01:17 am by avenue33 » Logged

View Profile

Hi~~

I've tried my best to find the solution. However there aren't any issues about it. 
I also ask my colleague with 3 years IOS development about this problem, but he is not familiar with external environment configuration.

I'm Sorry...

France
God Member
View Profile

Thank you for investigating.

When OS X Mavericks is officially released, I'll give a look at that issue.

France
God Member
View Profile

Please find a new release of embedXcode.

• embedXcode  • Oct 12, 2013 release 108 • Support for Arduino Uno USBtinyISP
• embedXcode+ • Oct 12, 2013 release 108 • Support for Arduino Uno USBtinyISP and improved update management

The embedXcode+ edition brings an improved update management for future release. The improved update management allows to update the projects when a new release of the template is available. This applies for project initially created with release 108, for example with next release 109 of the template.

Download

Happy coding smiley

New Jersey
God Member
View Profile

Just so I'm clear on updating projects to the latest embedxcode version - if my project is rev 108 or higher, then when new versions of embedxcode come out, I can update that project to the latest embedxcode version.  But projects 107 or lower are not updatable, is that correct?

France
God Member
View Profile

Just so I'm clear on updating projects to the latest embedxcode version - if my project is rev 108 or higher, then when new versions of embedxcode come out, I can update that project to the latest embedxcode version.  But projects 107 or lower are not updatable, is that correct?

That's correct.

Starting release 108, the template includes a utility to manage and update the projects created with it.

New Jersey
God Member
View Profile

Any chance you'll come out with a way to upgrade projects that are on rev 106?  My Mac is too old to install Mountain Lion, so I can't use any version of embedxcode after 106.  But someday I'll get a new computer and it would be nice if there was an update option available to me.  Or could you come out with a version of 108 that will work on OSX 10.7 with Xcode 4?

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 45   Go Up
Jump to: