Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: High-Tech Low's Simple Audio Player Help  (Read 97 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

UPDATE: I've done some tinkering with the standalone breadboard for Arduino, and I may have solved my own question -- hence, disregard the below query for now (as I'm unable to delete my forum threads)!

Hello again!

I've been doing some sound experiments with this particular small audio player from High-Low Tech:

http://highlowtech.org/?p=1963

I've successfully uploaded the code to the Arduino Uno, and experimented with playing small sound bytes. Then I purchased an ATmega328P-PU to further experiment with. I've used the Arduino-to-Breadboard setup to input the PCMaudio code to the ATmega32 as a standalone chip on my breadboard. But now, I'm unable to play the sound off the individual chip itself, as I would normally play it off the Arduino Uno. According to the tutorial, to get the sound to play from the Uno, I have to attach the speaker's positive wire to the Arduino's pin port 11 (MOSI/PB3) and the negative wire to ground -- which of course works on the Arduino, but when I do the same on my standalone chip on the breadboard (that has a power supply of 5VDC plugged in) with the speaker wires in the corresponding pin (MOSI/PB3), I get a looping buzzing sound, and the ATmega328 chip gets hot!

According to the aforementioned PCMaudio tutorial above (which again works only for my Arduino, not my standalone breadboard chip), what sort of changes do I have to make to my breadboard chip to make it act like the Arduino? Although I have 5V of regulated voltage in, do I have to configure the connections of the standalone chip differently, or add any special parts? I'm sort of lost at this point. Or, does the Arduino pin 11 correspond differently to the ATmega's pins when on a breadboard?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 02:35:43 am by Bo_Andysin » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: