Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Uno sending serial data becomes un-connectable to Serial Monitor  (Read 4059 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Thanks !

View Profile

Hello all--

I'm a complete noob, and I'm having the exact same problem with my new Arduino (it looks exactly like this one http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardUnoSMD).

The procedure to fix it looks straight-forward, but I can't figure out how to get it into dfu mode.  The documents say "...all that's needed to enter DFU mode is to briefly short enough to short pins 5 and 6 of the 8U2 icsp connector..." but that doesn't seem to do anything (I connected pins 5 and 6 with a wire, is this the correct method?)

Can anybody point me to more detailed documentation, or offer a better procedure? I need something that a slow-witted 4 year old could follow. Thanks in advance

God Member
View Profile

I haven't got a Uno SMD but yes, it should go into DFU mode just by shorting pins 5 and 6 on the 8u2 ICSP connector (the leftmost two pins on the 6-pin connector on the top left of the picture - NOT the digital pins numbered 5 and 6)

to test if it worked, type lsusb in a terminal. If you see 03eb:2ff7 it worked, if you get 2341:0001 (or similar) it didn't work.

View Profile

It worked; thank you.

I was shorting out the wrong pins; the correct pins aren't numbered, and I assumed they would start numbering at 0, like the labeled pins, so that means I expected they should have been labeled 0-5. Since there was no pin 6 in that block (according to my bad assumption), it couldn't possibly be the correct set, so I tried the other ones. D'oh!

Thank you very much

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: