Go Down

Topic: Problem regarding serial read sets of string (Read 381 times) previous topic - next topic

Robin2

it's NOT working code, but just a hint of how it could be done. But morgans idea is for shure far better!
It seems to me not much different from the WORKING code in the second example in Serial Input Basics

And I don't see how it relates to @MorganS's comments in Reply #11 - with which I don't happen to agree :) (But there is room in the world for different ways of doing things)

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

noiasca

It's not so much different to example2, because I've read that example months ago and tried to follow your hints.

my post shows the thread owner that he should follow the provided hints, because the solutions are more or less available via google and reading.

OT:
I didn't mention that my examples is a implementation of a state machine, I only wrote that I like that idea.

The nice thing about #11 (for me) is to not waste RAM for text buffering 111 byte or more.
But as you are using Serial.println for fixed text without F macro it seems you don't care so much about RAM usage anyway. So may be we only have different priorities.

Robin2

The nice thing about #11 (for me) is to not waste RAM for text buffering 111 byte or more.
Have you some better use for the RAM?

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Go Up