Go Down

Topic: Arduino not responding correctly (Read 6 times) previous topic - next topic

niadh

I can confirm I have been using 100 ohm resistors for my projects thus far. I used those as its what came with a bundled kit. I have switched to 220 ohm (I believe) and I have as yet had no luck.

Sketches are uploaded correctly so I assume most of the board is working correctly, just not with this.

I am truly stuck now, I am also very curious as to why all of a sudden the board has stopped working since it worked fine until I unplugged it and didn't use it this weekend (of course it didn't do it to itself, I am just perplexed as to what caused it to appear to run fine then just not upon the next start up).

smeezekitty

100 ohms is enough to not blow the pins.
Can you describe what the internel pin 13 LED does with the basic blink program?
Avoid throwing electronics out as you or someone else might need them for parts or use.
Solid state rectifiers are the only REAL rectifiers.
Resistors for LEDS!

niadh

When I launch the ide from a windows machine (which is the latest version) the internal led blinks correctly. I am stuck using the 21 revision of the software under linux because I am using a 64 bit os.

MarkT

When I launch the ide from a windows machine (which is the latest version) the internal led blinks correctly. I am stuck using the 21 revision of the software under linux because I am using a 64 bit os.

Which internal LED?  There are 4 LEDs on the board, the one marked L is the pin 13 one.  If that blinks pin13 works.

Have you remembered pinMode (pin, OUTPUT) in your investigations?
[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

liudr

If the internal or included led ("L") is working then you may have some wiring problem. Post a hi-res picture. Did you switch the positive and the negative of the LED?

Go Up