Go Down

Topic: IDE 1.6.6 is now available for download (Read 27421 times) previous topic - next topic

Frootustootus

Reading through the posts I see that someone else has the same problem as me but I can't see any replies regarding a fix. If I make alterations to a sketch and upload to the UNO the alterations will be saved upon exit without any warning, or option  being given. Is there a way to change this back to a warning window requesting changes to be saved or not?

pert

If I make alterations to a sketch and upload to the UNO the alterations will be saved upon exit without any warning, or option  being given. Is there a way to change this back to a warning window requesting changes to be saved or not?
I think it's actually being saved automatically when you upload. You can disable this by unchecking File > Preferences > Save when verifying or uploading. If you try to exit it should still ask if you want to save your changes(at least it does for me). I find it very annoying that they decided to have this option checked by default, it's very unexpected behavior for me. I think the idea is that the IDE might crash during verification or upload but this has never happened to me once.

Frootustootus

Yes, that's sorted it. Many thanks.

shubhamdevkar

hi
i had download the software but it is not opening after installaion
i a not getting what to do
i also trying but it not opening
please help

CrossRoads

I downloaded and Unzipped into c:\Arduino 1.6.9\ then double click arduino.exe and it runs for me.
I have since created a shortcut to arduino.exe in my Start Menu.

What are you trying?
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

PatrickJay5

fordbuff39

Thought I was being progressive and installed 1.6.11, got compiling errors.  After some research, decided to go back to 1.6.6 using the Board Manager.  With just compiling a skeleton sketch, I the errors shown below.   I have no idea what to do next, quite a hit for a rookie.

Code: [Select]

void setup() {
  // put your setup code here, to run once:

}

void loop() {
  // put your main code here, to run repeatedly:
}

Code: [Select]

Warning: platform.txt from core 'Arduino AVR Boards' contains deprecated recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} {compiler.ar.extra_flags} "{build.path}/{archive_file}" "{object_file}", automatically converted to recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} {compiler.ar.extra_flags} "{archive_file_path}" "{object_file}". Consider upgrading this core.
WARNING: Category '' in library EEPROM is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
WARNING: Category '' in library SPI is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
WARNING: Category '' in library SoftwareSerial is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
WARNING: Category '' in library Wire is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
exec: "/bin/avr-g++": file does not exist
Error compiling.

OldSteve

Jul 07, 2016, 05:07 am Last Edit: Jul 07, 2016, 05:10 am by OldSteve
Thought I was being progressive and installed 1.6.11, got compiling errors.  After some research, decided to go back to 1.6.6 using the Board Manager.  With just compiling a skeleton sketch, I the errors shown below.   I have no idea what to do next, quite a hit for a rookie.
I think you're confusing the IDE version with the "Arduino AVR Boards" version. You can't change IDE versions from "Boards Manager".

This thread relates to "Arduino IDE" V1.6.6, not "Arduino AVR Boards" V1.6.6

You've most likely now got a version of "Arduino AVR Boards" that's incompatible with your IDE version.

Which version of the actual IDE are you using?
(It's shown on the title bar of the open IDE.)

I'm using IDE V1.6.5 with Arduino AVR boards V1.6.8.
Please do not PM me for help. I am not a personal consultant.
And others will benefit as well if you post your question publicly on the forums.

fordbuff39

Thanks, regrouped, deleted the Ardunio folder and copied in the unzip folders from 1.6.6 zip.  Seem to be back functional, but still getting the WARNINGS I included in my previous meg above.

pert

still getting the WARNINGS I included in my previous meg above.
Those warnings are caused by using an old version of Arduino AVR Boards(it looks like you are using 1.6.6 from your previous post). Please update to Arduino AVR Boards 1.6.9(It you're using Arduino IDE 1.6.6 then don't use any version above 1.6.9 or you won't be able to compile). Note that there is an Arduino IDE version and an Arduino AVR Boards version they are two different version numbers referring to two different things so just because you're using Arduino IDE 1.6.6 doesn't mean you should use Arduino AVR Boards 1.6.6.

I see no good reason to use Arduino IDE version 1.6.6. If you want an older, stable version use Arduino IDE 1.6.5-r5. All versions after that up until the current 1.6.9 had serious bugs due to major code changes introduced in Arduino IDE 1.6.6 so if you want to use anything later than Arduino IDE 1.6.5-r5 then just use the current version, Arduino IDE 1.6.9.

Yougurt_MaN14

Keep getting this code when I try to verify

Arduino: 1.6.9 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

Cannot run program "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\arduino-builder" (in directory "."): CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

PLZ HELP

OldSteve

Jul 12, 2016, 03:15 am Last Edit: Jul 12, 2016, 03:17 am by OldSteve
Keep getting this code when I try to verify

Arduino: 1.6.9 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

Cannot run program "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\arduino-builder" (in directory "."): CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

PLZ HELP
Did you happen to notice how hard it is to read text when it's yellow on a white background?

Next point, this thread is about IDE V1.6.6, not V1.6.9. Please post in the appropriate place in future. (Perhaps start your own thread?)

Edit: Oh, I see you did start your own thread, so why post here? Trying to double your chances?
Trouble with software

Please do not PM me for help. I am not a personal consultant.
And others will benefit as well if you post your question publicly on the forums.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy