Go Down

Topic: IDE 1.6.5 is now available for download (Read 14408 times) previous topic - next topic

Hi sir/ma'am.

i need help. My IDE version is 1.6.4
and i'm using a Gizduino version 4
also i'm currenly using windows 8.1

and im encountering this kind of problem. pls i need solution. hope you experts can help me.
I'm just a newbee and not very much familiar with arduino. So i need some guides.

==================THIS ERROR===================================

Third-party platform.txt does not define compiler.path. Please report this to the third-party hardware maintainer.
Error while compiling: missing 'recipe.cpp.o.pattern' configuration parameter

Looking forward for emmediate response. Thank you !

Hello Everyone and Arduino Team Dev,

I 'had some pb to run the last IDE (nigthly also). so with the debugger, i tried fo find why....
I'm using Windows 10, and the debugger says :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino>arduino_debug.exe /v
Loading configuration...
com.sun.jna.platform.win32.Win32Exception: Le fichier spécifié est introuvable.
        at com.sun.jna.platform.win32.Advapi32Util.registryGetStringValue(Advapi32Util.java:580)
        at com.sun.jna.platform.win32.Advapi32Util.registryGetStringValue(Advapi32Util.java:555)
        at processing.app.windows.Platform.recoverDefaultSketchbookFolder(Platform.java:66)
        at processing.app.windows.Platform.init(Platform.java:57)
        at processing.app.Base.guardedMain(Base.java:151)
        at processing.app.Base.main(Base.java:135)

after a read on the com.sun.jna.platform class, i find this :
String path = Advapi32Util.registryGetStringValue(WinReg.HKEY_CURRENT_USER, "Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Explorer\\Shell Folders", "Local AppData");
String path = Advapi32Util.registryGetStringValue(WinReg.HKEY_CURRENT_USER, "Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Explorer\\Shell Folders", "Personal");

String path = Advapi32Util.registryGetStringValue(WinReg.HKEY_CURRENT_USER, "Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Explorer\\Shell Folders", "AppData");

This 3 paths don't exists in the registery.
but after a little regedit and key setting...
Miracle Arduino IDE 1.6.5 and Nightly are full ok.

but Microsoft put a key in this path to prevent it's utilisation :
 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders]
"!Do not use this registry key"="Use the SHGetFolderPath or SHGetKnownFolderPath function instead"

Can you make a correction in the next version ;-)

thank's a lot.

Can you please add the ability to change the color of the Error Text? its not very legible, or change background from black to grey to increase the contrast. Red on black is not really working...

Sep 25, 2015, 08:02 am Last Edit: Sep 25, 2015, 08:06 am by gonnie08
You can Change the color
or you can tray this

The Arduino IDE fails to start on my machine. The problem that the debuggert reports is something in the order of "Can't create settings folder", can't remember the text completely right.
This particular settings folder goes into my User/ location, which includes an Icelandic letter "ö" which is probably the reason for the error. As it has already been pointed out somewhere else, changing the setup txt file to edit the destination of that folder, is ineffective.
1.6.4 starts just fine.

Arduino ID worked fine until I installed the latest 1.6.5 version, now no version works old or new. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the IDE, using the zip version,  replaced java with latest version, etc, etc.

The splash screen comes up, gives a few standard messages, says Starting... and then disappears.

arduino_debug.exe just repeats these two lines:

at processing.app.Base.addSketchesSubmenu(Base.java:1679)
        at processing.app.Base.addSketches(Base.java:1599)

Tried on other accounts on same Windows10 PC but no joy.

I have 1.6.5 installed and it opens but when I try to compile the sketch I'm getting error
Arduino: 1.6.5 (Mac OS X), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

Cannot run program "{runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path}/bin/avr-g++" (in directory "."): error=2, No such file or directory

This report would have more information with
  "Show verbose output during compilation"
  enabled in File > Preferences.

I'm on OSx and guessing there is some sort of path wrong somewhere.  It worked before I upgraded so not sure what has happened.  Can anyone help me get this going?

For anyone using the Arduino software the latest version is dependent upon some software newer than what Slackware 14.1 includes.

You will need a newer version of readline. I found the version from -current was sufficient. http://packages.slackware.com/?r=sla...3-x86_64-1.txz

This got the IDE running but would then error when trying to upload to an Arduino board with the following message:

error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Some searching led me to the following Arch Linux page https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arduino where the same fix worked in Slackware too.

ln -s /usr/lib/libncurses.so.5 /usr/lib/libtinfo.so.5
ln -s /usr/lib64/libncurses.so.5 /usr/lib64/libtinfo.so.5

I did both 32 and 64 bit just to be safe. Now I can upload sketches to me Arduino again.

Go Up