Go Down

Topic: IDE 1.6.5 is now available for download (Read 7087 times) previous topic - next topic

Maxx2206

Hi,

same issue with 1.6.5r2 like many others, arduino IDE starts to initialize, but the splash screen just closes and nothing happens.

arduino_debug shows (already posted a few times):

Loading configuration...
org.apache.commons.exec.ExecuteException: Process exited with an error: 1 (Exit value: 1)
        at org.apache.commons.exec.DefaultExecutor.executeInternal(DefaultExecut or.java:377)
        at org.apache.commons.exec.DefaultExecutor.execute(DefaultExecutor.java:160)
        at org.apache.commons.exec.DefaultExecutor.execute(DefaultExecutor.java:147)
        at processing.app.windows.Platform.getFolderPathFromRegistry(Platform.java:70)
        at processing.app.windows.Platform.recoverSettingsFolderPath(Platform.java:55)
        at processing.app.windows.Platform.init(Platform.java:50)
        at processing.app.Base.guardedMain(Base.java:153)
        at processing.app.Base.main(Base.java:137)

tried 1.6.5r2 as well as the current nightly build, tried the zip file as well as the 1.6.5r2 executable installer.
installed Java was 8 update 45 as well as 8 update 51 (both 32 and 64 bits).

any ideas?

anything up to 1.6.4 works flawlessly.

cyas...

habanero

I can't even get 1.6.5r2 to install let alone run, as Norton 360 keeps deleting it as soon as I try to install it, flagging it as containing malware. I don't know if this has anything to do with the problems others are having with it but it does seem to be a bit flaky. I installed 1.6.5 instead.

kas

Jul 29, 2015, 08:03 am Last Edit: Jul 29, 2015, 04:11 pm by kas
Hi Federico,

According to released notes, ARDUINO 1.6.5-r3 - has been released on 2015.07.20
but is still not available for download

Please check

pYro_65

Hi Federico,

According to released notes, ARDUINO 1.6.5-r3 - has been released on 2015.07.20
but is still now available for download

Please check

You can download the latest hourly build (22nd July), it has only a few changes since the release: https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software#hourly

Mladen Bruck

Hi !

Is there any hope fro us using Raspberry Pi boards ?   At least for newest V2 B+ boards with ARM7 .

Yesterday I had installed Ubuntu Mate and I very pleased haw fast is this board compared with previus one.

So, how to install and what version is available for RPI 2 B+ boards?

Thank you !

dtstrgt

Jul 30, 2015, 01:58 pm Last Edit: Jul 30, 2015, 05:49 pm by dtstrgt
Like others I can run 1.6.5 r2 as administrator but not as a restricted user.

This on a domain, local admin account is used to install the software then students log onto the domain to run the software ( or not as the case is at the moment).

I think I'm getting the same error as some other users. Redirecting the output doesn't seem to work for some reason which is a bug in its own right.

Loading configuration...
org.apache.commons.exec.ExecuteException: Process exited with an error: 1 (Exit
value: 1)
        at org.apache.commons.exec.DefaultExecutor.executeInternal(DefaultExecut
or.java:377)
        at org.apache.commons.exec.DefaultExecutor.execute(DefaultExecutor.java:
160)
        at org.apache.commons.exec.DefaultExecutor.execute(DefaultExecutor.java:
147)
        at processing.app.windows.Platform.getFolderPathFromRegistry(Platform.ja
va:70)
        at processing.app.windows.Platform.recoverSettingsFolderPath(Platform.ja
va:55)
        at processing.app.windows.Platform.init(Platform.java:50)
        at processing.app.Base.guardedMain(Base.java:153)
        at processing.app.Base.main(Base.java:137)

The hourly build ARDUINO 1.6.6 2015/07/21 doesn't work either, but with a different error.

Loading configuration...
java.nio.file.DirectoryNotEmptyException: C:\Users\dt14test2\AppData\Local\Ardui
no15
        at sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileCopy.move(WindowsFileCopy.java:457)
        at sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystemProvider.move(WindowsFileSystemProvider.j
ava:287)
        at java.nio.file.Files.move(Files.java:1395)
        at processing.app.windows.Platform.fixSettingsLocation(Platform.java:250
)
        at processing.app.PreferencesData.init(PreferencesData.java:36)
        at processing.app.BaseNoGui.initParameters(BaseNoGui.java:982)
        at processing.app.Base.guardedMain(Base.java:159)
        at processing.app.Base.main(Base.java:139)

Any idea when there will be new normal release?

I'm trying to create an image for a student lab. I'd rather use an official release so at present I'm probably tending towards using 1.6.4 . Lab probably won't be updated after this for another 12 months.

Maxx2206

Hi,

just a quick update...
I just completed the Windows 10 Upgrade on my Notebook here and one of the first things i tried was starting the 1.6.5r2 IDE... what should i say... it works out of the box now...

Maybe it was really something dodgy about my user profile on my old 8.1 Installation which was thankfully fixed by the upgrade process ;)

Anyway, i am not complaining... I'm just glad it works now...

Cyas...

Go Up