Go Down

Topic: IDE 1.6.5 is now available for download (Read 10400 times) previous topic - next topic

Vanbccan

Aug 26, 2015, 08:09 pm Last Edit: Aug 27, 2015, 08:42 am by Vanbccan
I posted here: http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=313442.30
regarding the ld.exe error notice - fail to compile issue. I see many other people are having a similar issue and though there are some little tricks to force the compile to work they require methods that are not ideal or practical.  I am wondering why this glaring issue is not getting prompt attention as I imagine there have been enough clues posted already that should lead to the discovery of the real fault and fix.

If the numerous posts that I see from others and the one that I posted is not getting the right attention from the right people - can someone advise me and where I/We need to post to get this looked at by the people with the ability to find a fix?

I was about to post a bug report on github and found that someone else has posted already: https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/issues/2989  ... but I could not find any indication of acknowledgement and that the matter/bug was being addressed.

Is this a bug that will just not get any attention and resolved because the issue seems to be confined to compiling on Windows XP?
Do we just wait now and have patience or is there another process for getting this resolved?

Please advise.

Thanks

wallie

No,
Sorry to say, but same problem occurred...
STarting up. show the start-up screen... and then the start-up screen dissapears...... and nothing
is happening after that....
But I already had this problem before I downloaded the 1.6.5.
I asm very curious what caused it....

But I am not desperate. I have dual boot win Vista/Linux mint 17.... and on linux It runs ok

flagtrax

I've installed on a Lenovo laptop with windows 7 and get a compatibility error. I can run in compatibility mode (to XP sp3) but I'm wondering why it wouldn't be written to be compatible with Win 7 and more importantly Windows 10.

habanero

Not that I got any responses or interest here but FWIW my issue with Norton 360 flagging 1.65r2 as having malware has gone away and I was able to install it. Obviously a false positive, but still kind of weird.

Duiker

Aug 28, 2015, 07:49 pm Last Edit: Aug 28, 2015, 07:50 pm by Duiker
Hello,

I updated from  IDE 1.0.6 to IDE 1.6.5 r2. But now my scetch doesn't compile anymore. Under 1.0.6 it compiles fine There is a fault message.

This is the first line of the code.
Code: [Select]
#include <Sinclair_M.c>

And after this line this fault appears:

Temperatuur_logger_V15.ino:12:57: fatal error: Sinclair_M.c: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

So it seems the compiler cannot find the Sinclair_M.c file. This file is in the same directory as the scetch.

What do i wrong?

MarshaJ847

Hello,

I updated from  IDE 1.0.6 to IDE 1.6.5 r2. But now my scetch doesn't compile anymore. Under 1.0.6 it compiles fine There is a fault message.

This is the first line of the code.
#include <Sinclair_M.c>

glancing at https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/cpp/Include-Syntax.html

you may need to change your code to

#include "Sinclair_M.c"

to have the compiler look in the sketch directory rather than the system standard directories.

Duiker

WOW, this helps me a lot.
Many thanks MarshaJ847!

KarthickAshwath

Is this version of the Arduino IDE compatible with windows 10?

KarthickAshwath

Is this version of the Arduino IDE compatible with Windows 10?

Go Up