Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: 6V barrel battery - holder?  (Read 7503 times)
iamjen.com
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Still working on my very compact arduino project where I'm using a 6V barrel shaped battery (duracell 28A) http://www.batteriesplus.com/pc-30370-30370-PX28ABPK.aspx

Anyone know if there exists a battery holder for this size battery?  Dimensions: 13mm Diameter x 25.2mm Height

Been looking everywhere and I can't find one.  Any ideas would be appreciated.
NYC

CT, USA
Arduino rocks
View Profile

Also, 6V battery would be to high for recommended supply voltage if powered directly. New 6V batteries can have voltages as high as 6.5V which is outside the recommended operating voltage range for ATMega328. And the voltage is too low to use with the on-board regulator if you are planning to use a UNO board.

North Yorkshire, UK
Faraday Member
View Profile

And the voltage is too low to use with the on-board regulator if you are planning to use a UNO board.
It would be too low to use through the DC power jack, it would be fine through the Vin pin as you miss out the polarity protection doide then (which has a voltage drop of 0.7V)

As has been said though, you don't want to be powering your arduino from that - it won't last very long.

I would suggest you go with some li-po/li-ion batteries if you want to go small.
Mowcius

Washington
God Member
Firefox & Arduino rocks
View Profile

And the voltage is too low to use with the on-board regulator if you are planning to use a UNO board.
It would be too low to use through the DC power jack, it would be fine through the Vin pin as you miss out the polarity protection doide then (which has a voltage drop of 0.7V)

As has been said though, you don't want to be powering your arduino from that - it won't last very long.

I would suggest you go with some li-po/li-ion batteries if you want to go small.
Mowcius
But li-po batteries are temperamental.
Maybe some AAA size NiMh? or even 9V size NiMh?

Avoid throwing electronics out as you or someone else might need them for parts or use.
Solid state rectifiers are the only REAL rectifiers.
Resistors for LEDS!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: