Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Change this horrible orange text!  (Read 3253 times)
Tesla Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Orange on White may be an issue, but because the admin clearly does know how web design works it's not orange on green, it's orange on grey.  As light as that grey is it makes a whole lotta difference.

Who knows what is somewhat up for debate. One of natures waning signs is you don't see these types of color choises on the serious professional web sites like Amazon, Ebay, Google, and such.

Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   smiley-cool

London, GB
Nothing works.
View Profile

But is it true to say that nature specifically posts “waning signs” and no doubt matching “waxing signs” regarding good website design? I personally doubt that websites even have a place on the evolutionary tree. Charles Darwin and Thomas Huxley never even mentioned website design as either discrete species or even intermediary stages. Perhaps websites are an example of irresponsible complexity.   

Washington
God Member
Firefox & Arduino rocks
View Profile

There is nothing wrong with it.

Avoid throwing electronics out as you or someone else might need them for parts or use.
Solid state rectifiers are the only REAL rectifiers.
Resistors for LEDS!

Devon, UK
Arduino rocks my socks, yes the socks are rocking!
View Profile

Orange on White may be an issue, but because the admin clearly does know how web design works it's not orange on green, it's orange on grey.  As light as that grey is it makes a whole lotta difference.

Who knows what is somewhat up for debate. One of natures waning signs is you don't see these types of color choises on the serious professional web sites like Amazon, Ebay, Google, and such.

That doesn't make it wrong, merely different.

Espoo, Finland
God Member
"Oops, try again..."
View Profile

I use phpbb for my forums, they have alternative styles. I don't know this Simple Machines LLC, or it's pros and cons, but maybe forum owner does? Is there a chance to have user selectable styles? This orange is really... smiley-sad-blue

Perhaps somebody writes a plugin for firefox where certain colors can be changed?
 smiley-wink

Cheers,
Kari

The only law for me; Ohms Law: U=R*I       P=U*I
Note to self: "Damn! Why don't you just fix it!!!"

London, GB
Nothing works.
View Profile

Personally, I think it’s easily one of the most nicely styled sites I visit. I like this visual identity a lot (apart from the odd side effect it has of making me want to purchase Heinz beans). I think it’s just a matter of taste. If you don’t like it, change your taste.

Espoo, Finland
God Member
"Oops, try again..."
View Profile

.... If you don’t like it, change your taste.

Sometimes it is the only way, human is an adaptable animal...

Cheers,
Kari

View Profile

Ok,it is all a matter of personal taste, as it is with a lot in life....

So, is there a way for us to make personal adjustments of the color of the text?

I myself do not enjoy reading the new forum as I did enjoy reading the old forum, because of the bright orange text.
But hey, some like it, some don't, and some are hurting their eyes.

Therefor it would be really great if we could change the colors ourselves, (maybe a theme or something) and get back to what this forum is all about, the great Arduino platform!

btw, you admins are doing a great job, thank you for providing us this all!

Red Sea, Saudi Arabia
God Member
..On The Red Sea
View Profile

Vote for something else. It's very unusual on the web. What the heck is this, Halloween??

Regards, Terry King  ..On the Red Sea at KAUST.edu.sa
terry@yourduino.com  LEARN! DO! (Arduino Boards, Sensors, Parts @ http://yourduino.com

Cumming, GA
Edison Member
Ultimate DIY: Arduino
View Profile

I'm not young... my eyes are old.  Us old nerds with bad eyes have trouble with a color combination that does not seem to bother the young ones.  I honestly cannot read the forums posts for more than 5-10 minutes before I need to just stop and do something else.  I did not have this issue before.  I used to think I could be helpful here but If it pains me to read more than a few posts... those days of feeling I belong here are coming to an end.  Please give us some alternate themes that are nicer to older eyes.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 09:24:02 pm by pwillard » Logged

Portugal
God Member
View Profile

Even the text is grey on grey,  dont really get this..
The default theme from the SMF software that is white/very light grey and blue is way better to read, but as said, I'm just one user, and around here, users dont have anything to say..

Edison Member
View Profile

You can change the theme by modifing the CSS to whatever you like

Mercadillo electrónico. Kit iniciación a Arduino, shield LCD a color y más cosas!

Western New York, USA
Faraday Member
View Profile

I'm not young... my eyes are old.  Us old nerds with bad eyes have trouble with a color combination that does not seem to bother the young ones.  I honestly cannot read the forums posts for more than 5-10 minutes before I need to just stop and do something else.  I did not have this issue before.  I used to think I could be helpful here but If it pains me to read more than a few posts... those days of feeling I belong here are coming to an end.  Please give us some alternate themes that are nicer to older eyes.

Amen.

Don

Espoo, Finland
God Member
"Oops, try again..."
View Profile

You can change the theme by modifing the CSS to whatever you like

How can I do that?

Kari